DAC/DAP Recommendation for IEM needed
Feb 16, 2023 at 5:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ThreeD23

New Head-Fier
Hey there,

I was using a Questyle M12 on my iPhone and Tidal with MQA which was working pretty well. Even better on my laptop. Unfortunately it stopped working two weeks ago when I was using it in the cold.

I have no idea if there is any fix for the M12. If you have any idea, please let me know.

Now I am looking into buying an upgrade to them, like a FIIO Q3s, BTR7 or a Questyle M15 or even thinking about getting a iBasso DX 170 or anything comparable.

I am mostly using streaming services like Tidal HiFi or Spotify. It could be that I am start trying another service or even flac files, but for now I am more into the convenience of streaming. Therefore the recommend device should support MQA.

Is there any other recommendation that I have missed or other ideas I should consider?

My IEMs are Ikko OH-10, 7hz Timeless, IMR Ozar and Fiio FH3.

Thanks for any recommendations and tips.
Cheers from Frankfurt/Germany.

Feb 17, 2023 at 6:32 AM Post #2 of 5
Hey there,

I was using a Questyle M12 on my iPhone and Tidal with MQA which was working pretty well. Even better on my laptop. Unfortunately it stopped working two weeks ago when I was using it in the cold.

I have no idea if there is any fix for the M12. If you have any idea, please let me know.

Now I am looking into buying an upgrade to them, like a FIIO Q3s, BTR7 or a Questyle M15 or even thinking about getting a iBasso DX 170 or anything comparable.

I am mostly using streaming services like Tidal HiFi or Spotify. It could be that I am start trying another service or even flac files, but for now I am more into the convenience of streaming. Therefore the recommend device should support MQA.

Is there any other recommendation that I have missed or other ideas I should consider?

My IEMs are Ikko OH-10, 7hz Timeless, IMR Ozar and Fiio FH3.

Thanks for any recommendations and tips.
Cheers from Frankfurt/Germany.
I'd recommend the Shanling M3 Ultra - good price, good performance, good streaming with MQA, good battery life, etc. The new Hiby R6 Gen 3 would be good as well, but costs a bit more and is a bit bulkier. If you need REALLY small, the Shanling m0 or M1 would work also.

May 15, 2023 at 2:35 PM Post #4 of 5
Any recommendations under US$200 with Tidal and Qobuz app?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back