DAC (cheap-ish) for Audeze LCD2C and NuForce HA-200 Amps
Apr 1, 2018 at 7:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

silo842

New Head-Fier
Hello! :)

So this is my first post on head-fi. I've just recently got in to headphones (an oh man does my vocabulary suck, Swede here) and I've been listening to my dads old Sennheiser HD535's and I tried a pair of Philips Fidelio X2HR - which i really didn't like. Great for gaming but not for music, imo :relaxed: Love the sound of the 535's though, just missing some bass, and comfort.

So anyway, I've bought a couple of HA-200 amps, because: monoblocks = yeay cool hehe.. And I have a pair of LCD2 Classics incoming. And now of course I need a decent, but not too pricey DAC, because I already spent all my money :sweat_smile:

I'm currently looking into a DacMagic (non plus) and some sort of analog volume control? Would this be a decent match? Or maybe a DacMagic Plus and no analog volume control? I've read the DacMagic has a weak headphone amp, but that doesn't matter to me. What I want is a DAC with XLR out for balanced use :sunglasses:

I've also ordered a Audiolab M-DAC, but man, I really should get something cheaper (unless it's actually worth the way higher cost)

A used DM is around $95 here, a DM+ $239 and I couldn't find a used M-DAC, so that's $670 :xf_eek:

Thanks! :)
Simon

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back