DAC and integrated speaker amp (+ phono pre)?
Aug 15, 2013 at 2:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

HeroicPenguin

500+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for an all-in-one solution just to manage my workspace a little better. Right now, I have more boxes on my desk than I really want: a Musical Fidelity triple stack (V-DAC, V-PSU, V-LPS) for speaker use and connecting to a Rega turntable, a Emotiva mini-X a-100 for passive speakers, and some speakers. I'd really like to condense that stack and speaker amp into one box if I could (or two if I need a separate phono pre-amp), so I'd like a DAC and speaker amp together and a phono pre-amp if possible. I actually don't use headphones at my desk (mainly use IEMs), but having a headphone amp would be nice in this package too, as would an iPod dock.

My budget is around $500-700, less if possible. It seems that the Bel Canto C5i is pretty much the perfect device for me, but it's pretty far out of budget. Other than that, it seems that the Peachtree gear would be the best solution for me (either the Nova or Decco) along with a phono pre-amp of some kind. I know that this is probably not a common issue, but does anyone have any suggestions or can even confirm that the Peachtree gear would be a good fit?

Thanks!

Aug 15, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #2 of 2
Seems like the Wadia 151 might be an option too. It's apparently been used to drive the Mini Maggies, so the power is definitely there. Not sure how its DAC is though.

EDIT: Maybe not the Wadia actually. It doesn't seem to have analog inputs (so apparently the DAC can't be bypassed), and I don't think I'd be able to use by turntable. Shame. Same with the NuForce DDA-100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back