DAC/amps with precise volume indication
Nov 2, 2022 at 11:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

drftr

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi all,

Are there other truly portable DAC/amps in the, say, $500 - $1,500 price range with a precise volume indication? So far I'm only aware of the Gryphon and XD-05 but since I need none of the functions they offer I'd rather see my money translated in a better sound quality.

The main reason I want to know the exact volume is that I want to set it before I start listening.

If there's a DAC/amp that has no display itself but returns the exact level as feedback to the phone that would work as well, as long as it's not changing the volume level of the phone (as that seems to degrade sound quality).

Tnx...

drftr

Nov 3, 2022 at 12:07 AM Post #2 of 6
If I were in the market for such a thing, I would pick up the Luxury Precision W2-131. It's a little under your budget, but I imagine you'll get over it :) I have no experience with it unfortunately, but it has a digital volume indicator on the display and I've heard nothing but good things about it.

Good luck!

Nov 3, 2022 at 12:24 AM Post #3 of 6
If I were in the market for such a thing, I would pick up the Luxury Precision W2-131. It's a little under your budget, but I imagine you'll get over it :) I have no experience with it unfortunately, but it has a digital volume indicator on the display and I've heard nothing but good things about it.

Good luck!
Tnx Bret. I'm using the Cayin RU6 which is on a similar quality level but I'm looking for a jump in overall quality.

Good thinking though and I probably should have mentioned what I was using at this moment. Fixed!

drftr

Nov 3, 2022 at 1:36 AM Post #4 of 6
I'd say you're going to have to pay for those features haha

Nov 3, 2022 at 1:53 AM Post #6 of 6
I wouldn't think a volume display is an extreme option for a DAC/amp in 2022. It existed in the 70s...

drftr
There's nothin but sidegrades for you in the dongle market. Portable dac/amps just tend to have more features because they can fit them on there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back