DAC/AMP Recommendation for my new Verite Closed HP's!
Nov 21, 2021 at 1:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

SlothRock

500+ Head-Fier
Hey folks - just got in on the B-stock sale and got myself some ZMF Verite Closed Headphones this morning. I'm super stoked as these have been a wishlist item for me for a long while. Now, unfortunately (or fortunately), I need to spend some more $$ as I suspect my Modi/Magni stack will not do these headphones justice.

I'm looking to spend somewhere in the ball park of $1-$1.5k for this setup and am open to both tube recommendations and SS recommendations. What should I be looking at!? :)

Nov 21, 2021 at 2:49 PM Post #2 of 2
I really like my opens with my Amps and Sound Kenzie but quite a bit over budget and another I have that I really like them from is a hybrid the Monoprice Cavalli Liquid Platinum and it will definitely be an upgrade from the Magni3 as I have one of those as well .
For Dacs I have only a few Modi 3, Khadas Tone Board and Schiit Yggdrasil and I’m sure you can guess which I prefer?
With Dacs it is a bit harder to discern what the difference you are hearing from others setup is it the dac or amp ? I can justify to myself getting a new amp for say $500 or even a $1000 but not so much a new dac in that range as I have a pretty good one and I don’t think headphone’s matter as much with a different dac as they do with a different amp so haven’t tried a lot in my system even though I’ve heard quite a few.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back