Jan 18, 2009 at 7:48 AM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duckman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is OP's budget?

I already got the duet my friend ^ ^

Jan 18, 2009 at 1:45 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by paulchiu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can you share the sampling settings to play itunes files for headphone listening?

i had the audiomidi at default, which is 44.1 and with both firewire 400 and 800 ports connected, i heard some popping noise at times.

after disconnecting all firwire 800 devices, that noise went away.

some suggested that increasing the sampling solves this problem.
in your experience, what have you tried?

paul

yep play with the apogee sample buffer size; my guess is its set too low (maybe its on 64 or 128; try 512 or even 1024 if you still have pops); you really dont need it so low with audio playback, its really only for recording/producing that you need the buffer to be small for quick reaction if you are playing instruments etc. use the apogee control panel rather than audiomidi. changes made in the apogee panel should be reflected in audiomidi

Jan 20, 2009 at 4:12 AM Post #20 of 22
thanks,
i overlooked the apogee control panel.
i am resetting those figures now.

not as one who believe in burn-in periods for solid state electronics, i am getting the feel that the apogee duet is sounding smoother after 3 days, if that is possible.

paul

Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yep play with the apogee sample buffer size; my guess is its set too low (maybe its on 64 or 128; try 512 or even 1024 if you still have pops); you really dont need it so low with audio playback, its really only for recording/producing that you need the buffer to be small for quick reaction if you are playing instruments etc. use the apogee control panel rather than audiomidi. changes made in the apogee panel should be reflected in audiomidi

Jan 20, 2009 at 6:04 AM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by paulchiu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks,
i overlooked the apogee control panel.
i am resetting those figures now.

not as one who believe in burn-in periods for solid state electronics, i am getting the feel that the apogee duet is sounding smoother after 3 days, if that is possible.

paul

could you post a screen snapshot please of the setting page?? there is another thread where someone is wanting the same solution and I dont have a apogee to talk him through it; I only know from my experience with similar gear. I will link him to your post. would be helpful if you could
beerchug.gif

Jan 20, 2009 at 6:25 AM Post #22 of 22
i thought i got the idea, but after i opened garage band and looked for the control panel to apogee. i cannot locate it.

i will try tomorrow or call apogee for tech assistance.

thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
could you post a screen snapshot please of the setting page?? there is another thread where someone is wanting the same solution and I dont have a apogee to talk him through it; I only know from my experience with similar gear. I will link him to your post. would be helpful if you could
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back