DAC / Amp pair for HE-400i (2016)
Dec 17, 2016 at 7:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

dany74q

New Head-Fier
Hello friends,

I just got my HE400i - they're beautiful, comfortable and you can really hear they have great potential! but... My laptop's built-in sound card just can drive them enough, I'm on 100% and I can barely hear their beauty.

Looking into decent pairs with planars, it seems like two popular stacks are Schiit's Magni + Modi 2 Uber and the NFB-15.
Would love to hear your opinions and if something was changed in the passed year or so and there are new, better models.

It'd be great if it won't be pricier than $350, but if it's an amazing pair, I'll consider it :)

Have a great day!
- Danny

Dec 17, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #2 of 2
I just got my HE400i also and love them . I am using a Micca OriGen+ amp on my PC and I love it. I can't beleive the difference the sound is coming out of the OriGen+ vs the sound card. I bought this amp/dac combo as first one on a recommendation of Z reviews( You Tube) . I have watched whole lot of reviews and this seemed to be the right combo for me. I bought from Amazon for $110, ZJchao 5V DC 2000mA Regulated Power Supply 1.35mm X 3.5mm Tip, Extra Power for $5.49 

I am looking for a longer sent of headphone cords with a stright plug. I used Z reviews to set up my FOOBAR2000 set up and ripped my entire Cd collection to my drive in FLAC level  5 compression and 62Gb later I have a high quality way to listen to music. 

I hoped this helped. 

This is my first high end headphones. 

I own pai of Sony MDR-7505 and AKG N60nc for travel that I bought on Black Friday. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back