DAC/AMP + Headphones for 240€
Jan 27, 2017 at 8:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

esterka

New Head-Fier
Hello,
I want new Headphones (+Dac/amp) for gaming and listening to music. About 240€ +-.
I own razer kraken headphones but i want something better, far better. The product should be from EU plox.
Send me link and write why i should choose that please.

Jan 28, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #4 of 26
Open headphones generally have a more natural sound, but because they are open there is a lot of sound leakage in and out of them, so it depends on what environment you will be using them in. If you are going to be using them in a quiet space I would suggest open, but if you think you may want to use outside or while travelling at some point, then you would probably want to go with closed. 

Jan 28, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #9 of 26
The M50X is a closed headphone. If you want open, you could go with something like the HD598 and a Schiit Fulla 2. That would bring you in at about your budget level. The 598 is a very good headphone and a good value for the money. Killer for gaming. So, there's one thought for you. There is also the AD700X. It is great for  gaming but not as good, IMO, for music as the 598.

Jan 28, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #10 of 26
The 598 is good, and since it's impedance is only 50 ohms, I would say that you don't even need an amp/dac for it. 

Jan 28, 2017 at 8:45 PM Post #12 of 26
If for 50ohms you dont need dac i will buy amp? what about this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bravo-AUDIO-V2-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B00AQAO398/ref=sr_1_18?s=electronics-accessories&ie=UTF8&qid=1485004464&sr=1-18 ?

Jan 28, 2017 at 9:45 PM Post #13 of 26
  Ok, so hd598 +schiit fulla 2 but where can i buy fulla2 in EU? any shop with hd598+fulla2? 
What makes sound better? Amp right? Dac just adds volume or? 

You have it backwards. The DAC is the digital to analog converter. Which is what your sound card is. External USB DACS in general have better sound than your average sound card especially the built in sound card, and by taking them out of the electrically noisy environment of the PC helps it to sound better as well.

In short new DAC = better sound.

In your case you would want a dac/amp with headphone output.

However, you may find that your existing sound card does a good enough job all by itself, and a new pair of headphones is all your need.  Just make sure not to plug into the headphone port on the front of the PC, and route your cables away from any electrical cables. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back