DAC/Amp for T5P with RCA out for Monitors
May 25, 2014 at 12:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Bossatiger

100+ Head-Fier
So I just got a pair of T5Ps and I'm looking for a decent Amp/DAC unit to drive them. The Amp/DAC must also have RCA out so I can connect them to my monitors. Since the T5Ps are low-impedance and very efficient, I would like a low impedance headphone output without too much power. The sound should be fairly warm or neutral (bright doesn't pair well with clean/neutral T5P). I will be using it at home so I do not need battery power. By Amp/DAC I mean one unit that has both a DAC and an amp section for headphones, or a separate DAC and Amp. My budget is $500 or below. Thanks in advance!

May 25, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #2 of 4
Cheapest amp I can think of with preamp outs is the Schiit Asgard 2.  You can use the rest of the money on a DAC.

May 25, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #3 of 4
  Cheapest amp I can think of with preamp outs is the Schiit Asgard 2.  You can use the rest of the money on a DAC.

Thanks for the suggestion! I didn't know Schiit came out with a new version of the Asgard with preamp outs. This thing is exactly what I need.
What would be a good USB DAC for the rest of my budget? ($250)
I have seen good reviews of the ODAC and Modi, 

May 25, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #4 of 4
Modi will get the job done, and its cheaper than the ODAC.  I'm not really up to date on budget DACs though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back