DAC/AMP for Swans M1S Speakers
Jan 21, 2012 at 12:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

moonsetflies

Head-Fier
Hello. Looking for an integrated amp/dac combo or a separate amp + dac to power my Swans M1S speakers and for use with several pairs of headphones.

Sound qualities I appreciate: Fast speed (for detail/separation/clarity/and especially punch), good imaging/staging, and richness, with a touch of warmth.

I love the idea of something tube based so that I never get bored rolling tubes :)
But I am just as open to solid state if you believe that is a better route to go these days.

Here is the spec sheet for my speakers
http://www.abiaudio.com/M1_M1S_1.pdf

Some considerations so far:

Peachtree Audio Decco2 Integrated Amp/Dac (Tubes!)
Maverick D1 or D2 Dac/Pre-amp + Maverick A1 Power Amp (Tubes!)
Marantz PM5004 + NuForce uDac-2
Fiio A1 + NuForce uDac-2 (cheap route)
DTA-100a + NuForce uDac-2 (cheap route)
NuForce Dia (Solid state amp+dac combo)

Would like to keep it under $500
Willing to buy used to save $!

THANKS! 

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #2 of 5
take a look at the Yulong D100 or AudioGd products. Heard that the Grant Fidelity TubeDAC-11 is pretty decent for the money.

Jan 22, 2012 at 4:55 AM Post #4 of 5
Yeah because im also considering the tubeDAC-11 myself as well haha. I personally don't have any significant amps that i could recommend but WooAudio products shoud be quite good. Wow i could just imagine you setting up a crazy setup with the Swans right now...envyyy
wink.gif

Quote:
I really like the idea of the TubeDAC-11, what would you recommend for a power amp or integrated amp to pair with that and the Swans? Thanks Eclipes :)

Apr 10, 2012 at 1:06 AM Post #5 of 5
So... now I have an ACURUS A100, Grant Fidelity TubeDAC-11, and the Swan M1S's... it looks amazing and sounds great! Thanks for your suggestion on the Swans Eclipes. I actually purchased the ACURUS from the same person I got the Swans from so it worked out great! I will post more after the tube is burned in more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back