DAC AMP for HD650 (and Shure SE535)
Aug 2, 2016 at 8:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

david8090

Head-Fier
Folks,

I am going to buy the HD650 which I will be using only at home. This means I don't necessarily need a portable AMP. Can you please help me out?

- I have all my music files on my iPhone 6. I will be using these cans 95% of the time together with my iPhone. So it should have a Lightning port and DAC functionality. 

- Also it would be nice if my my SE535's can benefit from the same AMP. But in the first place it's meant for the HD650.

- I also want to be able to tweak the sound a bit to my prefrence 

My budget is 200-300 EUR. Are there any obvious suggestions for me?

Thanks.

Aug 6, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #2 of 3
I use an Aune T1 DAC/Amp, a hybrid unit with a tube buffer on the DAC rather than the amp. This works great with my HD600s and I would assume would do well with the 650 as well. The main criticism of this unit is that the amp which is SS is pretty basic. Ultimately I will get a tube amp, possibly a Shiit Vali2 to go with the Aune DAC. Possibly a better choice would be the Shiit Modi 2 DAC and Magni 2 Amp (if you like SS) or Vali 2, (if you prefer tube). The Magni/Modi combination is well in your price range. The Modi 2/Vali2 combo might be a bit over your price range, but it'd be close. Check them out here: http://schiit.com/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aug 6, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #3 of 3
Best amps in that price range are the vahalla2 (349.00), or the Bottlehead crack (299.00 I believe). The crack is diy but quite easy to assemble. Depending on how serious you are about your music, & how much you wish to spend. I'd say the best affordable Dac would be the Schiit modi muti- bit for 249.00. You could probably get the Schiit combo for around 600.00. That's all you would need. The 650's are amazing headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back