Dac/Amp for HD598
Apr 12, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #21 of 37

Quote:
Can you guys specify their advantages and disadvantages? Because I found the soundstage and details are narrow and unclear with DACs under $350.

everything sound tighter and some time I like use the eq too add a little bass, but you can buy it from amazon and if you dont like it send it back.

Apr 12, 2012 at 7:31 PM Post #22 of 37
Since the 598's are pretty easy to drive, why not try something like the Centrance dacport? dac section is pretty good for the price. 

Apr 14, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #24 of 37
Audio-gd NFB10SE or NFB5.2

Upgrade headphones later. 
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 14, 2012 at 11:40 AM Post #26 of 37
No idea.  =p

You can't go wrong with them, being Audio-gd, but you should search for comparisons with those others, whether directly or indirectly (how the A-gd units compare to x amp and how x amp compares to the M1HPA and Xcan, etc.).

Apr 14, 2012 at 12:15 PM Post #27 of 37
I'd actually still look into the CEntrance DACPort. I was very impressed with it, as it takes a stance on sound that's a bit different from its competitors. It manages detail and separation very well, while still being warm enough to jive greatly with the HD598. While it doesn't have the same amount of customization and features as other DACs, I love it with some Sennheisers.

Apr 16, 2012 at 1:16 PM Post #28 of 37
OK, I'll consider this too.
What if I want to input sound from PS3?

Quote:
I'd actually still look into the CEntrance DACPort. I was very impressed with it, as it takes a stance on sound that's a bit different from its competitors. It manages detail and separation very well, while still being warm enough to jive greatly with the HD598. While it doesn't have the same amount of customization and features as other DACs, I love it with some Sennheisers.

Apr 16, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #29 of 37
You would need an optical-to-USB converter.  I've never seen such a thing, only USB-to-optical/coax.  So you would need a PC with optical input in order to pump out a USB digital signal to the DACPort.

Apr 16, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #30 of 37

Quote:
OK, I'll consider this too.
What if I want to input sound from PS3?

Hook an optical cable from the PS3 to the optical input on an Astro Mix-amp.
The Astro Mix-Amp will output Dolby Virtual Headphone (5.1 surround sound).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back