1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DAC/AMP for Beyerdynamic DT880 250 Ohm $100-200

Discussion in 'Computer Audio' started by RubenS, Aug 5, 2018.
  1. RubenS
    So I got my headphones a couple of years ago, and I've been using them exclusively on my PC. They've been powered by a Fiio E07K, which I've been happy with, but then again I don't have much to compare it too, as I have limited experience with semi high-end headphones and accessories. However, the Fiio has started acting up a bit, creating a buzzing noice through the headphone which goes away when i unplug and plug back in the amp. Due to being located in Norway, I'm somewhat limited in what I can get my hands on through importing, as the shipping is rough as well as an added tax of 25% on the product as well as shipping.

• Budget - $100-200. I don't expect magic at this price, but it is what it is.
    • Source - Only PC use, no need for portability. Headphones are as mentioned Beyerdynamic DT880 250 ohm
    • Uses - I play video games, watch movies and listen to music. No professional use at all, but I appreciate good quality audio.
    I've added a few product underneath that I can get my hand on in my country, and also the local price, and I would greatly appreciate if someone would take time out of their day to look them and perhaps give other obvious suggestions that are worth taking a look at:

• Shiit Fulla 2 - $180
    • Shiit Magni 3 - $193 - Do I really need a DAC, you tell me.
    • FiiO E10K Olympus 2 - $135
    • Pro-Ject Head Box S - $145
    • Fiio Q1 Mk2 - $193
    • Fiio E18 - $180
    • JDS Labs Objective2 - imported after tax $193. Again, no DAC in this one
    I don't know much about headphone amps or DACs, so all feedback is greatly appreciated.

2. PurpleAngel Contributor
    If your into FPS games, try and get a (used?) Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z.