DAC/AMP for Beyerdynamic DT880 250 Ohm $100-200
Aug 5, 2018 at 1:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

RubenS

New Head-Fier
So I got my headphones a couple of years ago, and I've been using them exclusively on my PC. They've been powered by a Fiio E07K, which I've been happy with, but then again I don't have much to compare it too, as I have limited experience with semi high-end headphones and accessories. However, the Fiio has started acting up a bit, creating a buzzing noice through the headphone which goes away when i unplug and plug back in the amp. Due to being located in Norway, I'm somewhat limited in what I can get my hands on through importing, as the shipping is rough as well as an added tax of 25% on the product as well as shipping.

• Budget - $100-200. I don't expect magic at this price, but it is what it is.
  • Source - Only PC use, no need for portability. Headphones are as mentioned Beyerdynamic DT880 250 ohm
  • Uses - I play video games, watch movies and listen to music. No professional use at all, but I appreciate good quality audio.
I've added a few product underneath that I can get my hand on in my country, and also the local price, and I would greatly appreciate if someone would take time out of their day to look them and perhaps give other obvious suggestions that are worth taking a look at:

• Shiit Fulla 2 - $180
  • Shiit Magni 3 - $193 - Do I really need a DAC, you tell me.
  • FiiO E10K Olympus 2 - $135
  • Pro-Ject Head Box S - $145
  • Fiio Q1 Mk2 - $193
  • Fiio E18 - $180
  • JDS Labs Objective2 - imported after tax $193. Again, no DAC in this one
I don't know much about headphone amps or DACs, so all feedback is greatly appreciated.

Aug 9, 2018 at 8:27 PM Post #2 of 3
If your into FPS games, try and get a (used?) Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z.

Sep 11, 2019 at 11:03 PM Post #3 of 3
So I got my headphones a couple of years ago, and I've been using them exclusively on my PC. They've been powered by a Fiio E07K, which I've been happy with, but then again I don't have much to compare it too, as I have limited experience with semi high-end headphones and accessories. However, the Fiio has started acting up a bit, creating a buzzing noice through the headphone which goes away when i unplug and plug back in the amp. Due to being located in Norway, I'm somewhat limited in what I can get my hands on through importing, as the shipping is rough as well as an added tax of 25% on the product as well as shipping.

• Budget - $100-200. I don't expect magic at this price, but it is what it is.
  • Source - Only PC use, no need for portability. Headphones are as mentioned Beyerdynamic DT880 250 ohm
  • Uses - I play video games, watch movies and listen to music. No professional use at all, but I appreciate good quality audio.
I've added a few product underneath that I can get my hand on in my country, and also the local price, and I would greatly appreciate if someone would take time out of their day to look them and perhaps give other obvious suggestions that are worth taking a look at:

• Shiit Fulla 2 - $180
  • Shiit Magni 3 - $193 - Do I really need a DAC, you tell me.
  • FiiO E10K Olympus 2 - $135
  • Pro-Ject Head Box S - $145
  • Fiio Q1 Mk2 - $193
  • Fiio E18 - $180
  • JDS Labs Objective2 - imported after tax $193. Again, no DAC in this one
I don't know much about headphone amps or DACs, so all feedback is greatly appreciated.

I just off-loaded my Modi3/Magni3 combo which don't go really well. Looking at the Asgard 3 with the DAC addon, this looks to be my next choice. Next on my list is the Topping A30?D30 combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back