DAC/amp combo for HD650
Nov 24, 2010 at 9:11 PM Post #2 of 23
can someone please take 5 seconds of their time and at least give a generic response.

This forum is so SLOW!!!
mad.gif

Nov 24, 2010 at 9:18 PM Post #3 of 23
use the search function please

Nov 24, 2010 at 11:55 PM Post #6 of 23
i'm using the HeadRoom Desktop Amp/DAC with my 650's.

Nov 24, 2010 at 11:57 PM Post #7 of 23
I heard the Benchmark with a pair of HD650's at a meet-up about a year ago.  I thought it was a  quite good pairing.  In the same price range is the Wavelength Proton... although I'm not sure I've heard it with these headphones.

Nov 25, 2010 at 12:37 AM Post #9 of 23
what's wrong with a combo?

Quote:
thank you guys! you are so helpful!!!

I might have been a little unclear, but I meant DAC and amp not likt a dac/amp combo. sorry
frown.gif

Nov 25, 2010 at 12:40 AM Post #10 of 23

IDK. I was doing some searching of my own and I read that it is better to have a separate dac and amp. I have a budget of $500ish so I am having second thoughts whether or not getting HD650's is a good decision
Quote:

Quote:

I might have been a little unclear, but I meant DAC and amp not likt a dac/amp combo. sorry
frown.gif

Nov 25, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #11 of 23
I've been reading up on headphones/amp/dac the WHOLE DAY!!! I spent a WHOLE DAY reading up. I now have some very basic knowledge and I was wondering if someone could give me a yes or no response (assholes go away). Is an HD650/mkIII amp/ zero dac an awsome setup for someone that is upgrading from JVC HA-RX700 and onboard audio?

Nov 25, 2010 at 1:20 AM Post #12 of 23
thank you. one more question. Is there a dac that will suit that setup better in the same price range?

My other sources tell me the mk III and a $100ish dac will not be anywhere close to the sound that would be ideal with hd 650's

Nov 25, 2010 at 3:53 AM Post #15 of 23

Quote:
IDK. I was doing some searching of my own and I read that it is better to have a separate dac and amp. I have a budget of $500ish so I am having second thoughts whether or not getting HD650's is a good decision
Quote:

Quote:

frown.gif

Where did you read that it is better to have separate dac and amp? I'm thinking about getting the HD650's too but I was pretty set on a DAC/Amp combo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back