DAC-AH mods
Feb 4, 2005 at 11:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

mekanoplastik

500+ Head-Fier
i couldnt resist...so i have modded the dac just a little bit..

all i did was to install opa627's, replace the philips output electrolitic caps for some "ge dielektrol vi" caps, and replaced the diode bridge for some "custom" bridge built with mur860's for the analog ps and added some heatsinks to the dac chips...

pic of the result

gecaps.jpg

pic of the diodes
redface.gif

yeah.jpg

all i need now is a big and nice enclosure to keep the transfo away from the pcb...and to hide the side-caps
plainface.gif
...and some minor details

i will also try it bypassing the opa section....that will be the next stage of the mods..until then i will just enjoy it as it is..
biggrin.gif

any sugestions?

Feb 4, 2005 at 12:13 PM Post #2 of 6
out of interest what dac is that or do you have a link for it if it's diy?

Feb 4, 2005 at 2:48 PM Post #3 of 6
Very cool. I've been contemplating the purchase of a DAC-AH myself. I'm curious as to what have been the improvements since you've modded it.

Decay

Feb 4, 2005 at 3:42 PM Post #4 of 6
Feb 4, 2005 at 8:39 PM Post #5 of 6
Mekano,

Looks awesome. Post some impressions of how it sounds post-mod when you get a chance.

By the by, I posted this is the dedicated source forum but no one responded: I emailed DIYClub regarding upgrades and they said they would swap in 627's and they would also change some of the caps:

"the cap in the output stage we have change to Panasonic Puresim audio grade e-cap and parallel with a M-cap silver in oil 0.01uf."

Anyone heard of these?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back