DAC-201 Construction Thread
Apr 26, 2006 at 7:24 PM Post #3 of 17
confused.gif
What did I miss?

Apr 26, 2006 at 9:15 PM Post #4 of 17
I have a linked Excel BOM (like n_maher did for the M^3). It's in the infantile stages and a bit of a mess. There are some comments by Solomon on the spreadsheet that may be useful. It should be looked over by others who are more experienced than myself before it is used to order components. Please feel free to make changes, point out problems, and identify alternate components.

PM me your email for the spreadsheet.

I think NOS was a mistake in the original post. Maybe the boards are New Old Stock.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 27, 2006 at 2:09 AM Post #6 of 17
What does NOS mean in the context of a DAC?

(I wish I had seen that thread a bit sooner. No matter how much I watch this d$mned place I miss out on all the giveaways
mad.gif
)

Apr 27, 2006 at 2:48 AM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by NeilR
What does NOS mean in the context of a DAC?

(I wish I had seen that thread a bit sooner. No matter how much I watch this d$mned place I miss out on all the giveaways
mad.gif
)

Non OverSampling, which includes dac chips like the TDA1541 and TDA1543, probably the most popular NOS dac chips still in use.

Apr 29, 2006 at 12:16 AM Post #8 of 17
While I'm waiting for Solomon to post on the other forums, can someone tell me how i'd go about leaving out hte amp and volume control sections? I already have a Millett that I'd just like to output the DAC thru RCA to the millett. Also, in the page of the DAC201, I see something about a balanced output. What exactly is that? A real balanced source that can be used w/a dynamite?

May 3, 2006 at 9:36 PM Post #11 of 17
Hey zip, i just finished my DAC but I'm not sure how to get it working on windows. Is there a driver for it somewhere?

May 3, 2006 at 11:14 PM Post #14 of 17
got sound in the left, just need to trace the problem back to get the right channel working.

May 3, 2006 at 11:39 PM Post #15 of 17
Anyone ever heard of a bad paper oil capacitor? The big Dayton C5 cap isnt working right. I got 1.65V on one side and then i get a .50V reading that decreases on the left side. C6 however get 1.65V on both sides. But I'll order another to make sure. Would it be ok to jump this position to test to make sure that the cap is the problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back