DAc <$150
May 21, 2007 at 6:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

XENOPHOS

100+ Head-Fier
For around the $150 price range and less, what are my options for a DAC? I don't need an integrated amp or anything because I will already have a headphone amp. I've looked at the fubar II and am really thinking of getting it but what are my other choices. I just need something that will be better than the crap soundcard that I have right now.

May 21, 2007 at 6:45 PM Post #2 of 8
Why not go for the highly rated TC-7510 at U$170 odd shipped? Can't beat that for sound quality or price below U$500 for sure, and above that in many cases.

May 21, 2007 at 6:54 PM Post #3 of 8
oh, forgot to mention this, i'll be using it with my computer. Can you hook the TC-7510 up to a computer? what connects do I need? if not I think I might have to go with the fubar.

May 21, 2007 at 7:27 PM Post #4 of 8
Most soundcards have optical or coax SPDIF so you can hook it to the PC that way or you can use USB if the DAC has USB. Only some have USB. You are better off to use SPDIF on the soundcard anyway as that has less jitter. COAX is supposedly superior to optical also.

May 21, 2007 at 11:33 PM Post #8 of 8
months
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

I think I might just get the fubar II unless someone can persuade me otherwise (please do) I thinkI might have to lower my budget to $130 =( so I think fubar II is the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back