D90SE or…?
May 31, 2022 at 9:23 AM Post #2 of 12
Have you looked at R2R options? Not sure of any with Bluetooth.

May 31, 2022 at 9:28 AM Post #3 of 12
Have you looked at R2R options? Not sure of any with Bluetooth.
I have thought about an ARES2 or something similar, but I'm planning to use with a Woo Audio WA22, and I like delta sigma DACS. I've tried the multibit Bifrost 1, and I wasn't overly impressed. I always felt like I was missing something (even if objectively there was no details lost, that was my perception when I changed to a Geshelli ENOG 2). So I think for the time being, I will still with Delta Sigma.

Jun 3, 2022 at 7:34 AM Post #7 of 12
I have got many DACs under 1000 USD. I suggest topping D70s, which is truly outstanding considering its price tag. It shines from the bottom frequency to the top. Soundstage and layering-wise, it will not disappoint you.

Jun 3, 2022 at 8:22 AM Post #8 of 12
I have got many DACs under 1000 USD. I suggest topping D70s, which is truly outstanding considering its price tag. It shines from the bottom frequency to the top. Soundstage and layering-wise, it will not disappoint you.
I actually have one, and I love it. I’m moving it to my speaker setup and need a need DAC for headphones. I ended up with an mqa d90 with 4499

Jun 3, 2022 at 9:44 AM Post #10 of 12
I upgraded to the D90se and cannot fault it.
I use filter 7 for PCM and the sound is extremely detailed and smooth.
Paired with the A90 and Focal Clears.

Jun 4, 2022 at 12:12 PM Post #12 of 12
K9 Pro ESS if you can find one. Slight more relax presentation than D90SE. Technical wise they are about the same. I think for the ultimate detail Fiio is slight better, but impact on each notes seems slight denser on Topping.

Fiio better in term of soundstage, while Topping is more "cohesive" and a little more forward in midrange area. Can't go wrong with both.

Fiio has better value because you also get 2W of amplifier, but I never really like THX amp since the beginning (dry and lifeless). Much better if pairing with external amp.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back