D7000 Enroute
Aug 31, 2009 at 7:55 PM Post #2 of 15
at least you'll have 30 days to decide if you like it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 31, 2009 at 8:17 PM Post #4 of 15
Congrats, there great cans.

Aug 31, 2009 at 9:44 PM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by EugeneK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
at least you'll have 30 days to decide if you like it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Right, you are. At least I think so.

Got it from J&R. I was just looking around the various forums on Friday and came across one talking 'bout the D7000 (and the 550 deal) so just out of curiosity I called them and, though the sale was over (I was initially quoted 899), the sales guy talked to a manager and was able to sell it at the sale price. And since it was such a good deal, I decided to bite.

I really haven't read much on the cans prior to purchase. I think Headroom talked about it like it was a truly awesome headphone. Since I've bought it, I've looked around and it seems there's been somewhat of a buzz regarding these cans.

I've only got two closed cans (one inexpensive/one very expensive), and neither of which are really that comfortable. Well, I guess the MDR V6 with the velvet pads are pretty comfy. But anyways, I've been really enjoying my headphone (RS1) listening at work, a lot, so I thought I'd give these a try. They look really comfy and are praised to sound quite impressive so needless to say, I'm looking forward to hearing them.

Having said that, after I bought these, I read the comparison to the DX1000 and the mention of their huge soundstage (I'm a soundstage nut) and thought, "Damn, I should've looked for those." The bad thing about this hobby is that it's impossible (at least for me) to compare the two unless I've got both so maybe at some point in the future I'll keep an eye out for a pair of those, too. (preferably used and inexpensive).

Sep 1, 2009 at 9:07 PM Post #11 of 15
It's going to depend on your definition of inexpensive. I don't think I have seen DX1000 used for less than $650.

I have both but the D7000 are balanced and the DX1000 are SE. I like the D7000 better specially now with the JMoney lather ear pads.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Sep 1, 2009 at 9:16 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioDwebe /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got it from J&R. I was just looking around the various forums on Friday and came across one talking 'bout the D7000 (and the 550 deal) so just out of curiosity I called them and, though the sale was over (I was initially quoted 899), the sales guy talked to a manager and was able to sell it at the sale price. And since it was such a good deal, I decided to bite.

I really haven't read much on the cans prior to purchase. I think Headroom talked about it like it was a truly awesome headphone. Since I've bought it, I've looked around and it seems there's been somewhat of a buzz regarding these cans.

I've only got two closed cans (one inexpensive/one very expensive), and neither of which are really that comfortable. Well, I guess the MDR V6 with the velvet pads are pretty comfy. But anyways, I've been really enjoying my headphone (RS1) listening at work, a lot, so I thought I'd give these a try. They look really comfy and are praised to sound quite impressive so needless to say, I'm looking forward to hearing them.

Having said that, after I bought these, I read the comparison to the DX1000 and the mention of their huge soundstage (I'm a soundstage nut) and thought, "Damn, I should've looked for those." The bad thing about this hobby is that it's impossible (at least for me) to compare the two unless I've got both so maybe at some point in the future I'll keep an eye out for a pair of those, too. (preferably used and inexpensive).

So you were able to get one for $550?

Sep 1, 2009 at 10:10 PM Post #13 of 15
eek.gif
Quote:

Sep 1, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman59 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's going to depend on your definition of inexpensive. I don't think I have seen DX1000 used for less than $650.

I have both but the D7000 are balanced and the DX1000 are SE. I like the D7000 better specially now with the JMoney lather ear pads.

I think I chose my words without much consideration. I was hoping that some day, I'll find one for much less than the 650. We can all dream, right?

I understand the balanced part, but the SE part...what, exactly, is that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicscantdrive /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So you were able to get one for $550?

Yessiree. It was such a great deal that I had to jump on it without much forethought.

Sep 2, 2009 at 12:13 AM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

I think I chose my words without much consideration. I was hoping that some day, I'll find one for much less than the 650. We can all dream, right?

I understand the balanced part, but the SE part...what, exactly, is that?

Yessiree. It was such a great deal that I had to jump on it without much forethought.

SE=single ended=1/4" plug termination.

Congrats on your purchase and update the thread and let us know what you think about the Denons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back