D66 owners (Past and Present)
Sep 22, 2003 at 7:26 PM Post #16 of 22
Ears inside. If you look at the angle of the drivers, you'll see that's probably how they were designed.

Strange I'm not finding more negative opinions here. Many people sold theirs off after they had become flavor of the month in full swing but have not reported in. Your opinions are welcome if you care to share them.

Sep 22, 2003 at 7:47 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by DLP
Now that they've been floating around here for a while, what is everyone's opinion (NOTE THE WORD OPINION) on these headphones? What do you think of them as portable headphones (compared to other headphones? earphones?)? As home headphones? What do you think of the bass/mids/highs/soundstage? If you sold them, what didn't you like? What (if anything) did you like? Just wondering now that the hype and flavor of the month status are gone, what the opinions come to.

I own the D77, which may be slightly different from the D66 but the basic characteristics of comfort and portability are definite pluses for the phones. The sound of the D77 (D66?) is very detailed and even across the sound spectrum.

I'm not selling mine. In fact, I bought a second one!

Sep 22, 2003 at 7:48 PM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by DLP
Ears inside. If you look at the angle of the drivers, you'll see that's probably how they were designed.

That may be why they sound like Baby CD3Ks to me out of my older amp. The drivers on the 3000s have that same angle going on.
John

John

Sep 22, 2003 at 9:12 PM Post #19 of 22
Can't specifically comment about the D66s...but I have some D77s on the way. Hopefully. ^_^

Sep 23, 2003 at 4:56 PM Post #20 of 22
Out of the box, the highs were a litttle too bright and the lows were a bit muddled. I love mine now but only after modding them a bit. I just stuffed some batting in the chambers and by doing this the bass tightened up and became more pronounced and the highs soften up a bit. I can also wear them for hours because they are also very comfortable.

Using a Sharp MD in psudo line-out > META clone > D66 is a very satisfying combination IMO.

Sep 23, 2003 at 10:46 PM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by strohmie
Can't specifically comment about the D66s...but I have some D77s on the way. Hopefully. ^_^

D77 isnt much different from D66, D77's hights dont go as high as D66 but upper bass sure is more noticeable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back