D66 owners: Help!
Jan 4, 2006 at 6:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

heeeraldo

100+ Head-Fier
I need someone's Eggo packaging and felt pouch, ASAP. I have to send mine in to Audiocubes for warranty repair (or exchange, apparently) and so they need the packaging and all accessories. Unfortunately, I've long ago thrown away my packaging and given away the pouch, and I'm hoping someone else has theirs that they'd be willing to lend to/sell me (I'm in Vancouver, have Paypal, and if you're lending it to me, the package'd come back with a gift for your being awesome)

here's exactly what Audiocubes told me: Quote:

I apologize for the delay in replying. In this case, would you please have
it sent back to us via USPS Airmail or Priority Mail and we will have it
exchanged and send back to you ASAP. Please include all accessories,
packaging, and warranty or the return/exchange will be rejected and returned
to you. Please also indicate as to what's wrong with the unit for our
warehouse staff to process it. Please note that it may take up to 2-4 weeks
to have the unit fixed. Please let us know if you have any other questions.
Our warehouse information is below:

and since I've only got the headphones, extension, and adapter plug, I'm absolutely screwed.
I know I could buy another pair and then use that packaging to get the pair repaired, but that seems costly and tuition's due in a week.

any help is much appreciated.

Jan 4, 2006 at 7:05 AM Post #2 of 12
Have you PM'd fellow head-fi member Kohn regarding warranty yet? I think he's one of the main contacts in the US for Audiocubes, and has been helpful in answering a question or two for me in the past.

Maybe he can clarify things for you.

attachment.php

I remember the original Sony packaging was just flimsy plastic with some paper and phones inside. It was damaged just from the shipping process...so I threw it out months ago.

Let us know how they respond-

Jan 4, 2006 at 7:49 AM Post #4 of 12
I quoted straight from the email I sent them asking what I needed to do for a warranty exchange.

just got an email from Kohn saying I didn't need the packaging, but I did need all the accessories, which is a relief.

Jan 5, 2006 at 2:58 AM Post #5 of 12
i have the felt/velvet/whatever fabric it is case for the Eggos which i don't use, and im from vancouver too. PM me if you still need it.

Jan 6, 2006 at 7:55 AM Post #7 of 12
ah, sonick, I was hoping you'd post on this thread, remembering you had my old one
smily_headphones1.gif
. how're the d66s going?

Jan 6, 2006 at 8:11 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamWill
ah, sonick, I was hoping you'd post on this thread, remembering you had my old one
smily_headphones1.gif
. how're the d66s going?

goin great, they're my only closed cans, mainly used for portable use (although now portable duties have been split between the eggos and my newest acquisition; KSC35s)

i found a pair of mirai eggo knockoffs on sale at futureshop for $10, and scavenged them for the pads
eggosmile.gif

Jan 10, 2006 at 1:32 AM Post #11 of 12
gshan: yeah, Vancouver is Eggo Country, where poor abused Eggos go to escape the unfair beatings they receive elsewhere in the world. :p

sonick: cool, glad to hear it - did the pads on my pair disintegrate or something? IIRC they were still good when I had 'em, actually I preferred the D66 pads to the D77s, foam is more comfy than pleather IMHO...

Jan 10, 2006 at 3:52 AM Post #12 of 12
Just as a warning - My D66 eggos broke when they were about 9 months old and I sent them to Audiocubes and Audiocubes sent them to Sony who said that I broke them (?!) and that they wouldn't cover the replacement. Audiocubes was really nice about it and even sent the broken cans back - but that was freaking ridiculous. I swore after that to never ever buy a Sony product again - and a couple years later I've stayed by that. Hopefully you have a better experience - but my point is that Sony is not very good when it comes to honoring their own warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back