D66 eggo.. A900 mini?
Sep 1, 2004 at 10:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Natsuiro

500+ Head-Fier
I always thought the Navy Blue Eggos kinda looked like the A900s because of the headband.. except it's just missing the wings.

I enjoy the A900s alot but I need something for portable use. I use the portpros which I like kinda, except that they are too open and I hear too many outside noises. So I am looking for a portable closed headphone.

Anyways I was wondering if the sound sig is similar between the A900s and the Eggos.

I'm just not sure if I would enjoy the Eggos. I like the sennheiser sound but not the grado sound if that's any help.

My Friend's HD25-1s will be coming in soon and i'm interested in listening to them but they just kinda outside my budget.

Sep 2, 2004 at 6:03 AM Post #2 of 6
I would like to try the A900 because they do seem/look similar to the eggos. I like the feel and sound of the eggos alot. They are about half the isolation as the sennheiser HD280 but are alot smaller and lighter. All i have is the 280, 3 pair of eggos and a pair of EX71 IEM so i dont really know how to compair the sound. Compaired to the HD280s they have a little more in the middle. A little thicker in the bottom i really like the eggos.

Sep 2, 2004 at 6:15 AM Post #3 of 6
The A900's and the eggos sound nothing alike. I find the eggos to be punchy and bright, while the A900's are a bit more neutral. The eggos are also extremely lacking in bass extension while the A900's are only slightly lacking.

Sep 2, 2004 at 6:54 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by BowerR64
I would like to try the A900 because they do seem similar to the eggos. I like the feel and sound of the eggos alot. They are about half the isolation as the sennheiser HD280 but are alot smaller and lighter. All i have is the 280, 3 pair of eggos and a pair of EX71 IEM so i dont really know how to compair the sound. Compaired to the HD280s they have a little more in the middle. A little thicker in the bottom i really like the eggos.

You have 3 eggos?? how can you have so many?

I've heard the 280s but I haven't heard the EX71s before. Maybe i should ask my friend who has them. How do the Eggos compare to the 280s?

thx

Sep 2, 2004 at 7:43 AM Post #5 of 6
There are 3 model eggos, my first pair (MDR-D77) i got about 12 years ago and i have had them ever since with no problems. The cord started (last year) to cut and short out from walking away from the source so many times forget i had them on and rip the plug from the phones. I found another set of D66 and the D22s so i bought them both. Those 3 are all ive seen

Compaired to the HD280s they dont have as much isolation, they dont have the heavy curly cord, they arnt as big, bulky and heavy. They have more mids and bottom then the 280s. Some people say the eggos lack bass but i think its fine for what i listen to.

Sep 2, 2004 at 1:16 PM Post #6 of 6
The Eggos won't suit on an isolation point as they're deliberately designed to let in outside sound. I think if you're looking for isolation on a budget you can't go wrong with the E2c. I won't promise it's a mini A900, but it's fine for portable use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back