D515 on eBay
Aug 8, 2003 at 4:09 AM Post #2 of 9
Hmm...starting price is a little too much...

*edit*
And I can't help thinking its someone who actually posts here, so I'll shut up now.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 8, 2003 at 4:44 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by psxguy85
Hmm...starting price is a little too much...

*edit*
And I can't help thinking its someone who actually posts here, so I'll shut up now.
smily_headphones1.gif

This one just shouts "Head-Fier"
tongue.gif

Aug 8, 2003 at 5:32 AM Post #5 of 9
God, I love this player. But I thought these things were supposed to be rare. All of a sudden they're easier to find than a D-777. What's the deal with that? The guy on Audiogon just lowered his price to $320, which is interesting. He's also from Canada. So what do these Canadians have against the 515?

If only I weren't so broke at the moment I might go for a second one as a backup. That photo on Ebay is definitely PCDP **** for me. Looks like it's in better cosmetic condition than mine.

Aug 8, 2003 at 6:14 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by Gojira
God, I love this player. But I thought these things were supposed to be rare. All of a sudden they're easier to find than a D-777. What's the deal with that? The guy on Audiogon just lowered his price to $320, which is interesting. He's also from Canada. So what do these Canadians have against the 515?

If only I weren't so broke at the moment I might go for a second one as a backup. That photo on Ebay is definitely PCDP **** for me. Looks like it's in better cosmetic condition than mine.

People will sell anything given the right motivation, i.e. money. Say you'll give $1500 for HP-1ks and the owner will most likely fork them over. With others soon to follow. D-515 owners know they can get upwards to $400 for this player, so now they're popping up for sale.

Aug 8, 2003 at 1:32 PM Post #7 of 9
Aug 8, 2003 at 5:11 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

D-515 owners know they can get upwards to $400 for this player, so now they're popping up for sale.

I still don't get it. They didn't know this before?

Aug 8, 2003 at 7:06 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by Gojira
I still don't get it. They didn't know this before?

*shrugs* I may be wrong. It just seemed like there's a lot of hype about it on head-fi and some people decided to sell the player, got a lot of money for it, and others followed suit. There was a period of many, many months where I was searching for a D-515 here or on ebay or audiogon or anywhere for sale on the internet, and there was nothing. Not a thing. Not sure how else to explain it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back