D311 Amusement
Sep 6, 2003 at 1:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

DiamondView

Head-Fier
Hi guys,
I've been lurking here a while & reading with interest the discussions on the older PCDP's & I thought it about time to join in. I see nobody has been game enough to comment on the last D311 on ebay ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3044710089) but I'm sure quite a few members were watching it with interest given it's considered a 'classic' around here. My "amusement" stems in the fact it was purchased by a regular member who ALREADY owns one, AND, locked other fellow head-fiers out buy making a private deal with the naive seller. I've read another post about a guy who has FOUR D-777's... it's a shame to see this kind of obssession spoil the enjoyment of a community.
DV.

Sep 6, 2003 at 1:26 AM Post #2 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by DiamondView
it's a shame to see this kind of obssession spoil the enjoyment of a community.

Welcome to the nuthouse.
smily_headphones1.gif
That kind of obsession is the enjoyment of the community.
tongue.gif

Sep 6, 2003 at 2:37 AM Post #3 of 18
Hello Diamondview, and welcome to head-fi. About my recent purchase, it's because I need back-up damnit, back-up I tell you....seriously that player sounds like it is in better condition than my player is so I will probably be selling the lesser of the two whenever that player gets to me. It was too good a deal to pass up, so I jumped on it. Anyone here could've done the same, but alas, I was the winner..hehehe, don't hate me
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 6, 2003 at 3:20 AM Post #4 of 18
Hmmm, well, maybe you could post some shots of the defects which make your current one unlistenable.
rolleyes.gif

Hate's a strong word, I'll put you in the 'spoilt brat' basket for now
biggrin.gif
DV.

Sep 6, 2003 at 3:23 AM Post #5 of 18
Quote:

Hmmm, well, maybe you could post some shots of the defects which make your current one unlistenable.
rolleyes.gif

Hate's a strong word, I'll put you in the 'spoilt brat' basket for now
biggrin.gif
DV.

brat is pretty strong for these parts too i think. he didn't say it was unlistenable, but just in less than perfect condition. if he wants a better one let him get one. if you don't understand that this might not be the forum for you. (but stick around, this place does strange things to people.
evil_smiley.gif
)

Sep 6, 2003 at 3:29 AM Post #6 of 18
As I remember, the one that I sold him (which I assume was the one in question) had a couple cosmetic defects. Nothing major, but there's nothing wrong with buying a better condition one and selling the other.

Sep 6, 2003 at 3:37 AM Post #7 of 18
Thanks Goose and Strohmie, it feels good to be understood. Honestly, the player I have does have a few minor defects. The main defect is a slight depression on the lid.. Not a major defect, but it does distract from an otherwise great player. Being a member of this board does put a major drain on your wallet. I joined in February of this year and I have already built quite a collection. I began with just my trusty Optimus CD3400, and now look at me.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 6, 2003 at 3:38 AM Post #8 of 18
that's what this board is for. so obsessed freaks like us can find others who can understand.
tongue.gif

Sep 6, 2003 at 4:31 AM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by usc goose
brat is pretty strong for these parts too i think. he didn't say it was unlistenable, but just in less than perfect condition. if he wants a better one let him get one. if you don't understand that this might not be the forum for you. (but stick around, this place does strange things to people.
evil_smiley.gif
)

Steady on ! I clearly grinned after the 'spoilt-brat' comment. My original point was made after having read some of the posts on ebay-bidding 'niceties' & having respect for the bids of other members, & yeah, I guess I would have at least liked a longer opportunity to bid as well. Hey, good on-ya Pappucho !

<Takes off the 'patronise the new kid' t-shirt >
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 6, 2003 at 5:50 AM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Steady on ! ..... Hey, good on-ya Pappucho !

<Takes off the 'patronise the new kid' t-shirt >
very_evil_smiley.gif

Thanks! LOL.... Again, welcome to head-fi and sorry about your wallet!

I'm just glad you didn't bring up this auction...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=48679

evil_smiley.gif

Sep 6, 2003 at 12:14 PM Post #14 of 18
hi there diamondview..

i've recently referred in one of my posts to my (4) D777 so i'm not fully sure if u were referring to me, but for the record, all those were collected out of 2nd hand shops where it was ignored, where it got stuck in the selling list for weeks. The only classic i got from ebay was d303 ($AU 30), and for that i was the sole bidder for an item listed more than 7 days..

I've thought about selling 2 of them, now that i have e905 (
smily_headphones1.gif
,the only reason for its delay is i can't ship them other than in australia, don't like the risk). well.. if u want drop me a line (PM), since your in aus, i'll see what i can do...

regards from sydney.. GO THE WALLABIES!!!

Quote:

[I've read another post about a guy who has FOUR D-777's... it's a shame to see this kind of obssession spoil the enjoyment of a community.
DV. [/B]

Sep 6, 2003 at 1:28 PM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by 3h3ads
hi there diamondview..

I've thought about selling 2 of them, now that i have e905 (
smily_headphones1.gif
,the only reason for its delay is i can't ship them other than in australia, don't like the risk). well.. if u want drop me a line (PM), since your in aus, i'll see what i can do...

regards from sydney.. GO THE WALLABIES!!!

Cheers mate ! I think I'm over my moral crisis now - I'm going to collect them all... wha ha ha ha ha- WHA HA HA HA HA
very_evil_smiley.gif

yeah, Go the Wallies !! (& check your PM)
600smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back