d3 python vs d4 mamba
Apr 5, 2010 at 2:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Bovice

Head-Fier
I was looking into purchasing a d4 mamba, I like what I've heard about it, but I just found a d3 python for much cheaper. I checked the Ibasso site, and they sell the two of them for the same price, so I figured, if the d3 stands up to the d4, then I'll just save myself a lot of dollars and go for the d3.

Main concern is amp and dac quality. Anything else like battery life ect is considered minor to me.

Could anyone compare and contrast the two a bit? Also, they both work w/ the $10 LOD from fiio right? not rly looking to spend a lot of money for a connection cable.

Edit: Also, read this about d4 "- AMP section can be powered by either USB or 9V battery"
Does this mean that if i wanted to use it as a Dac, I'd have to use the battery anyways? Because that battery conservation was a factor, but if I have to use it anyway anytime i want to use my pc, may not be as big of a factor anymore.

Oh, and I also noticed d4 specifically says dual wolfson where as d3 says wolfson, what difference will that make?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back