D25s Turbo (mods comments and ideas)
May 26, 2003 at 5:53 AM Post #17 of 25
ok, i just bypassed my caps with Panasonic 1uf metalized poly caps. I had extras. This indeed makes the bass tighter and faster(maybe i'm just crazy)!
biggrin.gif

Edit: pic http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/chanman25...c=ph%26.view=t

May 26, 2003 at 7:21 AM Post #18 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by was ist los?
Oh and what does the tape do. Also, where do i get the little feet?

woodoo...my friend.. woodoo....
tongue.gif
...the green tape is suposed to help to "soften" the sound almost as green leds (do a seach at diyaudio...pretty fun reading) and the rubber thingies at any hardware store....

something you should really try is the regulated power supply, with the caps you already have it will make a nice difference...eventually try the dac

have fun
m.

May 26, 2003 at 7:23 AM Post #19 of 25
Well i may try the power supply if my budget allows. I have just spent some money on diy cables and will build a few new amps. How much would you expect that ppl based ps to cost?

May 26, 2003 at 7:59 AM Post #20 of 25
The green adhesive paper is suppose to reduce laser light scatter. But in theory, the color black may be more effective.

The ps would run between $30-50, dependant on parts choice. For example, you could lower the cost by substituting the lt1085 with a lm317, use a surplus dc wallwart, etc. Albeit at slightly lower performance, but IMO, it would still be better than most of the shelf wallwart ps.

May 26, 2003 at 4:05 PM Post #21 of 25
Ok i have a few more PS questions. Could i use my existing RS 9v regulated and filted wallwart to power the ps? What are the part numbers for the zener(d1 and d2) and the njfets(q1 and q2)?

May 26, 2003 at 8:28 PM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by was ist los?
Ok i have a few more PS questions. Could i use my existing RS 9v regulated and filted wallwart to power the ps? What are the part numbers for the zener(d1 and d2) and the njfets(q1 and q2)?

If you use your reg. 9v ps, you will need to set the voltage to about 7-8v. It may affect performance.

The zeners should be 8.2v/5watt. A better 'zener' would be using a string of LEDs. (Less nioise)

ppl recomended about 10ma of CS biasing. Though I heard mentioned that you should use more. Somewhere in the area of 15ma. I used the 2n5486.

May 29, 2003 at 1:39 AM Post #23 of 25
Is anybody performing these mods for fellow Head-Fiers with little or no electronics experience?

I just ordered a D-25s from Silicon Salvage and would be interested in paying to have someone perform these mods on it if it really will improve the sound quality.

Let me know either via here or e-mail.

Thanks,
Glenn

Dec 1, 2006 at 4:45 PM Post #25 of 25
if anyone is still performing these mods, please let me know

i will be very happy to have advice / assistance and i would gladly pay a skilled pro to upgrade a vintage pcdp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back