D2000's make me sick
Feb 21, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #33 of 38
I would say the combination of sharp treble and big bass pressure is not very good for your ears at all... Also your ears are very important for balance so maybe it was to do with that

Feb 21, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #35 of 38
First the D2000s made someone sick, then someone vomited over a girl, and now someone had diarrhea for a week?? What are the D2000s made from? Uranium?

Feb 21, 2012 at 11:11 PM Post #36 of 38
But on a more serious tone, I really think you should lower your volume. Recently I just measured my headphones decibles at my normal listening volume through my iPhone and Etymotics App called Awareness. Luckily I was only around 80-85 dB and maxing out at 95 dB on some songs.

Feb 21, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #37 of 38

Quote:
Listening at full volume gives off unbearable sibilance at times. I usually listen at full volume, but definitely have to turn it down a little with the D2000s. It lessens the edge off the highs.

Can anybody suggest some low impedance phones that have relatively the same bottom end as the Denons, with less fatiguing highs? I tried the DT770s, but they're just as bad.

This is exactly what I've been trying to find, but no luck so far.  I find the high-end on the Denons borderline painful.  I really don't listen at that high volume at all. My Zune is usually at about 10-12 out of 20, which is the same as with my IEM's, but certain songs with cymbal crashes or anything of the like make me wince.  I was actually considering the DT-770's, but I guess you saved me the trouble.

I'm still considering the T-70's, bit more of a financial leap of faith though, but looking at frequency graphs at least, the bass is actually lower than the Denons and the high frequencies are considerably lower.  I know you can only go off of technical graphs so far, but seems somewhat promising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back