d2000 to ms2??
Nov 10, 2007 at 6:15 PM Post #16 of 20
any recommendation for an amp. would it sound good if i just connect clix to my amp?? i might go to ms2i so if anybody could i want recommendation for both d2000 and ms2i....
wink.gif
thanks

Nov 10, 2007 at 7:52 PM Post #17 of 20
I would look for a used Headfive on the forums, less than $200. If you can swing $240 you can get a new Arietta from Meier, supposed to be a small upgrade from the Headfive. I recently bought a Creek obh-21 from audiogon for under $200, it sounded very good with my Dt770s and K601s. I have some some D2000s on the way, I can let you know how the combo sounds if you are interested. There are a bunch of portable amps for under $200, but I think the home based amps are a better value.

By the way I went with the Creek because th Meier amps are supposed to have a warmer sound and I prefer a brighter presentation YOMV.

Nov 10, 2007 at 9:48 PM Post #18 of 20
while I did like the HeadFive with my MS2i (and indeed it has a warmer sound than most SS-amps) I really love the sound of those phones with my Millet Max (Glassjar kit, DIY, 12FK6 tubes installed): better bass (more, but still very punchy and clear), wider soundstage, smoother highs and couples brilliantly to my NAD

... and the Max really wasn't that much more money (H5 bought for +/- $200 and Max kit was about $150 or something without shipping + some extra parts to buy like a knob and RCA-plugs etc.) but you have to assemble it yourself of course, so if you can't or don't have the tools yet, it might get expensive soon.

They often say that tubes really make anything grado(ish) shine ... and I must say I have noticed something like that
biggrin.gif

Nov 25, 2007 at 8:32 PM Post #19 of 20
thank you thank you.
i have one more question, i know it's pretty annoying but i can only afford one amp and a headset and i do not want to waste my money.
ms2 is almost out of my mind now. i might get an open phone later when i can afford one. it's totally unlistenable in cafe and i study in a cafe all the time!
my question is how is recabled hd25-1 compare to d2000. they are closed and small so look pretty portable and i really like how they look.!!

ps. good to have head-fi back in my life!!!
biggrin.gif

Nov 26, 2007 at 12:29 AM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by busanblues /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thank you thank you.
i have one more question, i know it's pretty annoying but i can only afford one amp and a headset and i do not want to waste my money.
ms2 is almost out of my mind now. i might get an open phone later when i can afford one. it's totally unlistenable in cafe and i study in a cafe all the time!
my question is how is recabled hd25-1 compare to d2000. they are closed and small so look pretty portable and i really like how they look.!!

ps. good to have head-fi back in my life!!!
biggrin.gif

Just thought I'd mention, the d2000 doesn't block out background sounds that well. It doesn't leak sound out, but its pretty easy to background sounds. My K81 and DT770s reduce background sounds to a far greater degree.

I still love it, it sounds great. No peaks/valleys, very non fatiguing and enjoyable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back