D2000 - QUICK recable advice needed!!!
Jun 23, 2008 at 6:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

senns&nonsense

500+ Head-Fier
I just bought some D2000s and want them sent for a recable before they come to me.

Who should i hire for the job? What cable type sounds best? I know Apuresound is supposed to be great, but would much prefer a cheaper alternative. Is S2 the way to go? Are there individuals who do this work and you can safely recommend?

Thanks for any help!

Jun 23, 2008 at 6:15 PM Post #2 of 12
I'm sure someone here could recable them, no problem, but yeah, APS definitely does them. THere's also some guy on Audiogon that did mine, but I bought them from the guy who bought them from him...wheeesquirrel or something? They sound GREAT! He used silver plated copper, Neutrik 1/4" plug, techflex, silver solder...nice work overall.

Jun 23, 2008 at 6:28 PM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Golden Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sure someone here could recable them, no problem, but yeah, APS definitely does them. THere's also some guy on Audiogon that did mine, but I bought them from the guy who bought them from him...wheeesquirrel or something? They sound GREAT! He used silver plated copper, Neutrik 1/4" plug, techflex, silver solder...nice work overall.

I have some D2000's on the way and intend to send them out to get recabled also. Althought I've heard great things about Apuresound's V3 cable, I'm a little reluctant to spend more on the recable then on the HP's. I'm leaning towards S2 because the cost is 1/2. Let me know what you decide.

Jun 23, 2008 at 11:10 PM Post #6 of 12
Save up until you can go for APS. Alex does a great job and the cable is fantastic.

If you'd like to get it sooner though, send a message to soloz2. He does a wonderful job for the more budget-oriented listeners
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 24, 2008 at 2:47 AM Post #7 of 12
Thanks for all the advice! Will check out the options.

Jun 24, 2008 at 7:22 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Golden Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

any pix by chance?

Jun 24, 2008 at 7:26 PM Post #10 of 12
I am going with Soloz Audio. Just need to choose the cable type.... Andyone with any experience with his high-end cables as opposed to Mogami/Cardas/SPC etc...?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back