D2000 Burn In Time?
Jul 17, 2009 at 9:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

-=Resonant_Rebel=-

Head-Fier
How long (in your opinion) is the brun-in time for D2000's? I just bought a pair and I am curious.

Jul 17, 2009 at 10:31 PM Post #2 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Resonant_Rebel=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How long (in your opinion) is the brun-in time for D2000's? I just bought a pair and I am curious.

Three years.

Jul 18, 2009 at 6:42 AM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brighten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Three years.

What! lol.

Mine took a month for the major difference. I don't know about THAT long though. At some point i'm sure the all the parts relating to the speaker won't loosen up anymore...

Jul 18, 2009 at 7:17 AM Post #5 of 12
I find the soundstage really opens up after 4 days of burning in, about 50 to 60 hrs. And after 200hrs, i find it hasn't changed anymore

Jul 18, 2009 at 3:29 PM Post #6 of 12
Burn in is one of the best examples of diminishing returns.... the more you do it, the less you get!

I bought my D2000 used so the burn-in for me was zero, but for other headphones I buy new, I try to order them on a Wednesday so they arrive on the weekend and I can get a first impression. Then, I start burning them on Monday morning and listen to them on Friday right before bed. That gives you an idea of the sonic changes. Then, sometime on Sunday I listen again and if the sound hasn't changed much since Friday, they are burned in enough. If the change is prominent, then continue this pattern every two or three days until the change isn't enough of a difference to make you want to continue.

Really, burn-in is about what you want. If you are like a kid in a candy store and cannot wait, then don't burn them in, but don't be upset if they aren't exactly what you imagined. If you could care less, let them burn-in until your next birthday and hope the drivers are still functional haha

Jul 19, 2009 at 2:32 AM Post #7 of 12
Hahaha- I'll burn them in a couple days before i USE them. Thanks!

Jul 19, 2009 at 4:02 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumonron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just bought a new pair of d2000s....what am I in for??

Some enjoyable listening.

The D2000 were fun for me. They were the first headphone where I heard a change with burn-in. Have some fun. See what kind of a difference you hear after and during burn-in. But get the listening impressions in quick cause I feel the burn-in was essentially done after 20-40 hours. I used Infected Mushroom and pink noise to burn them in overnight for a couple of nights.

Jul 19, 2009 at 5:32 AM Post #12 of 12
My post used the past tense saying they were fun. They still are fun for me. What I meant was the newness was fun and listening to the changes during the burn-in was also fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back