D2 vs Fuze..
Jul 9, 2008 at 9:28 PM Post #16 of 23
A bit of a misunderstanding, I know that the Sansas use a different pin configuration compared to the iPods.

What I was implying and hoping for is an LOD designed for the Sansa family of players similar to that of the iPods, so L/O from the players can be properly utilized OTG.

Yeah, here's to hoping that the FLAC and Vorbis support firmwares to come out soon. Gapless support would be nice as well so I can listen to DSotM and the Enigma albums (amongst others) w/o the worry of gaps.

Jul 10, 2008 at 10:18 PM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Fuze is a "naturalists" player - it sounds best without the EQ engaged. The D2 is a EQ "fetishists" player, sounds best with all the fixens'. I have a clip and a D2 - same scenario. The clip & Fuze = the same SQ. The iAudio players (mostly) = similar SQ. Some say the U5 sounds better, and almost ALL say the discontinued X5 was better, but not by THAT much (no bass roll off?).

So a properly EQ'd D2 can potentially rival or beat the Clip in SQ?

Jul 11, 2008 at 12:11 AM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by phyrefly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So a properly EQ'd D2 can potentially rival or beat the Clip in SQ?

Even EQ'ing can't beat the bass roll-off issue with the D2, people use an impedance adapter to combat that. The Clip is practically flat, no bass roll off issue, and I found the soundstage to be wider. With that said, EQ'ing may be able to make the D2 rival or beat the Clip to your ears, with certain earphones, only way to know for sure is to try it yourself, since it's subjective in the end.

Jul 11, 2008 at 4:10 AM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by HipHopScribe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even EQ'ing can't beat the bass roll-off issue with the D2, people use an impedance adapter to combat that. The Clip is practically flat, no bass roll off issue, and I found the soundstage to be wider. With that said, EQ'ing may be able to make the D2 rival or beat the Clip to your ears, with certain earphones, only way to know for sure is to try it yourself, since it's subjective in the end.

Does the Machbass or w/e it's called not help at all or does it cause too much distortion?

Could you please post a link to the impedance adapter you mentioned? Is it similar to the P-to-S adapter?

Jul 11, 2008 at 4:17 AM Post #20 of 23
Jul 11, 2008 at 4:42 AM Post #21 of 23
Cool! A P-to-S adapter for $22.5
biggrin.gif

When you said "people use an impedance adapter to combat that", did you mean just the P-to-S adapter or the adapter plus a portable amp?

Jul 11, 2008 at 5:48 AM Post #22 of 23
Just the impedance adaptor will do the trick (not needed if using an amp).

I got my D2 today and I can say that it sounds awesome.

I also have the exact adaptor listed a couple of posts ago and it does make my 32ohm Atrio M5's go deeper. I haven't had too much time to test but the bass rolloff doesn't seem to be very extreme on 32ohm phones. Probably not that noticable in 'real' (eg not electronic) instrument music.

Very happy with the purchase so far!

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back