D1001 with Cowon D2
Jan 12, 2009 at 1:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

dudlew

1000+ Head-Fier
Hello All,

I am out of deep hibernation....... at least a few years. Anyway, now that I am awake, I thought I would ask a question. I jst recently purchased a Cowon Audio D2 and so far I am enjoying it. I am using a JBL Reference 410 at the moment, and the sound is decent. My Senn 497 bit the dust some time back so the JBL is the only phone I have at present.

So now I want a bit more in terms of SQ and after lurking for a few weeks feel that the Denon D1001 might be for me. Now I am not in a situation to try these phones so I can only go by recomendations. But from what I have read, they are my type of phones.

So now to the questions. Anyone here ever run them straight from the D2 and found them good? And is an amp a necessity from the get go or can the D2 work them without an amp at least until I can afford one? I listen to everything; rock, jazz, reggae, soca, pop, rap, r&b..... you get the picture. I am looking for clean clear bouncy natural energetic music reproduction underpinned by a good bass.

Just so you know, these are at my budget limit before shipping and such.

So am I on the right track? if not what othr recomendations do you have?

Thanks
D

Jan 12, 2009 at 3:41 AM Post #3 of 11
Tanks for the quick reply.

It is a combination. I cant really listen too much portably. It would be more around the house, or when I travel to a different destiation kind of thing. My work is out in the field for 9 to 10 rs a day, ad I have to be screaming at heavy equipment operators and the like, so use in that environment is futile and dangerous. Its more for when I get a hance to sit in the office for a bit, or as stated earlier, at home not wanting to disturb anyone ut would still like some mobility.

Thanks

D

Jan 12, 2009 at 4:31 PM Post #4 of 11
no one? no suggestions or user comments?

D

Jan 12, 2009 at 4:55 PM Post #5 of 11
I have the D1001's and have used them unamped fron a Sansa and Ipod Nano and Classic. They perform very well unamped. As far as portability goes, they are pretty decent. The cable without the extension is only about 4' long and they are very light. As far as comfort goes, they are awsome IMHO. i honestly don't think you find a better can for the money.

Jan 12, 2009 at 5:38 PM Post #6 of 11
Highly recommended for your applications. They are driven easily by an ipod (32 ohms) and they are the most comfortable headphone I've ever worn (this can't be overstated). Down the road if you want more out of them you can add an amp or recable and they're like new headphones again.

Jan 12, 2009 at 11:41 PM Post #7 of 11
Thanks for the recommendation guys.

I feel like I am making the right choice. I was thinking of the AT ES7s as well but they seem kinda hard to locate.

Thanks again and if anyone else wants to chimein feel free to do so

D

Jan 13, 2009 at 12:59 AM Post #8 of 11
ES7 wont be comfortable.
ES7? u can get them at apple store i believe, easy to locate... but expensive at the apple store. And from what i read they also make your ear hot and clamps down.

D1001 would be much much more comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back