D1001? circum/supra
Apr 11, 2009 at 5:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

crazylemon

New Head-Fier
Quick question, is the Denon D1001 circumaural or supraaural? On headroom it's supraaural, but I've been looking around the forums and it's been listed by many as circumaural. Thanks for clearing this up
confused.gif

Apr 11, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #2 of 14
Supraaural. But small ears can fit almost in

Apr 11, 2009 at 7:54 PM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by fghtffyrobesity /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I disagree. I have above average sized ears and I am wearing them now and they are circumaural for me.

Same here. I guess it depends completely on your ear-size. To me, I would consider them to be a tiny circumaural headphone cans. They are still comfortable for long periods...

Apr 11, 2009 at 8:29 PM Post #5 of 14
I can't see anyone saying these rest ON their ears as opposed to around them... my ears do sometimes touch the inner lining of the housing so they are probably smaller than most. They are supposed to be portables so that's not really a surprise.
bladefd: if you are defining "long periods" as 1 hour then I would agree with you; I would go so far as to call them plush, but beyond that my ears get seriously fatigued.

Apr 11, 2009 at 8:48 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by acegazda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't see anyone saying these rest ON their ears as opposed to around them... my ears do sometimes touch the inner lining of the housing so they are probably smaller than most. They are supposed to be portables so that's not really a surprise.
bladefd: if you are defining "long periods" as 1 hour then I would agree with you; I would go so far as to call them plush, but beyond that my ears get seriously fatigued.

I used them for about ~5 hours straight many times. I guess it depends on where your ears are resting. Sometimes, if I didn't position them well (like if a small portion of the D1001 drivers were resting on my ear), I would feel some pain for a few minutes once I removed them. It didn't happen every-time though.

Apr 11, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #9 of 14
No one I know - Asian or European - wears them supra-aurally. Some of them, the ones with larger ears, say that their ears tough the pads slightly, but even then it's the "inside" of the pads, if you know what I mean.

Apr 12, 2009 at 9:38 AM Post #14 of 14
They'll be completely circumaural for 20% of the population, mostly circumaural for 70% of the population, somewhat circumaural for 9%, and supraaural for 1%.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back