D-NE500 display problems, Dual Disc broke it, any fix?
Oct 17, 2005 at 9:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

MexicanDragon

100+ Head-Fier
Ok... so before I knew about the problems with dual discs, I popped the NIN disc in my d-ne500. It's been a few months (the day the NIN came out), but its still messing up. The problem:

1) it will occasionally reverse the image of what is supposed to be there. (Mirrored L->R, not Up/Down)
2) completely black
3) displayed very faintly, like the contrast has been turned all the way down (or up, whichever)
4) jumbled mess... random characters, mostly black screen, partially reversed #'s, doubled/reversed times/track numbers

Is there a way to reset this? It does it with redbook and most cd-r's and mp3cd's. I did, however, have some cd-r's that it worked with (straight backups of cd's) that it seemed to work perfectly fine with, for about 4 hours. So I tried to put in a new store-bought copy of a cd... screwy again.

I love this player (even if it doesn't have a line out). For mp3's, the 4 line LCD is great, I love it. And its black... its hard to find good black pcdp's these days (that sound good). (If only I wouldn't have sold my d-ne300 to afford this... it sounded better). Anyways.. any help/insight would be appreciated. Thanks

**BRENT**

P.S. I didn't search the forums for this problem, but I did look through a bit of the DIY repair thread, and it seemed to be mostly vintage players. I'll need to go there for my d121 problem, but I didn't see anything about this. If I missed it, someone just link me, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back