d-Jays / V-Moda Vibes / JBL-220 / Denon AH-C350
Feb 23, 2007 at 3:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Funkmonkey

100+ Head-Fier
this will be my first set of IEM's/canal phones. I have been lurking on this site (and others) for over a month and haven't been able to find a direct comparison thread for these phones so I thought I would start one:

d-Jays
V-Moda Vibes
JBL-220
Denon AH-C350

what I have found so far:

d-Jays -- even sound, good isolation, low profile, minor comfort issues, case (?)

Vibes -- warm bass rich open sound, nice detail, low profile (with a bit of bling), medium isolation, issues with the plug (fix=heat shrink mod), gold bag (not a plus to most men, including me)

JBL-220 -- warm sound bass rich (though diff. from Vibe), cool cloth covered cord, nice case

Denon AH-C350 -- no info what-so-ever... does anyone own these yet?

I am a music junkie, especially: Funk, Jazz, Electronica, Soul, and Hip-Hop and recently got an 80gig iPod video-5G. I need some good earphones. I have a bias toward clear deep bass, but not muddy and not at the sacrifice of mids and highs. Any help would be great, thanks.

Feb 25, 2007 at 7:17 AM Post #2 of 8
Hi!

There will actually be a case by the end of march in the retail package
smily_headphones1.gif
The bass of the d-JAYS is not boomy at all. It's well balanced. I hope you'll find what's best for you.

Cheers!

Feb 25, 2007 at 1:37 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funkmonkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Denon AH-C350 -- no info what-so-ever... does anyone own these yet?

yes

here's my rating (can't speak to the D-Jays):

220s - compared to the Vibes, a bit more detail, tighter bass that extends a bit farther, mids more balanced. highs rolled off where i like them. slight preference over the Vibes.

Vibes - warm sound due to slight elevation in the mids. elevated bass, like the 220s. highs rolled off where i like them.

C350 - nice soundstage especially for closed canalphones. similar sound sig to the Vibes. slight shroud over the music overall. pretty good isolation. once acclimated they sound pretty nice - musical. easy to listen to. not as much detail as the JBLs and V-Modas.

Feb 25, 2007 at 9:07 PM Post #4 of 8
I thought my little thread was dead and gone, thanks for catching it.
Warrior05 it looks like I am in for buying the Denons for work (I need the isolation there [loud], and ≈$50 is about all I wanted to spend for something that potentialy will be thrashed). I will watch your thread on them for updates on the sound opening up before I order a set...

Feb 25, 2007 at 9:15 PM Post #5 of 8
whats the isolation like on the JBL-220's, I will be keeping my eyes peeled for that $30 deal to pop up again...

I wish I had the cash to just buy them all

Feb 25, 2007 at 9:27 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by PetCed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi!

There will actually be a case by the end of march in the retail package
smily_headphones1.gif
The bass of the d-JAYS is not boomy at all. It's well balanced. I hope you'll find what's best for you.

Cheers!

how durable are the d-JAYs?
I really like what I have been able read about them. I sincerely hope that you guys take off here in the states.

How do the j-JAYs compare with the Senn's CX300, and Denon AH-C350 in terms of isolation and soud quality?

Feb 25, 2007 at 9:31 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funkmonkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
whats the isolation like on the JBL-220's, I will be keeping my eyes peeled for that $30 deal to pop up again...

I wouldn't say they have great isolation, but when I have music playing I can't hear much else past loud noises, can't hear anyone talking to me or background noise. Without music I can hear things at around 75-80% of normal volume I'd say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back