D-Jays problem...need help!!!
Jan 29, 2008 at 3:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

jervid

New Head-Fier
I had recieved a pair of D-JAY'S for a b-day gift. I had these for about 3 months and i love the sound from these but the problem i having from them is i'm constantly changing the filters on them..now i know that the first thing people will say is that your ears are filled with wax. i actually just had my ears cleaned and my hearing check and that's all good. now i don't know if I should keep them and just keep buying the filters or is there something else out there that is comparable that i would like?? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Jan 29, 2008 at 10:36 PM Post #4 of 14
here's another "might work."
i haven't tried this with my filters yet because i haven't needed to, but i was thinking a blast of compressed air might do the trick.

Jan 30, 2008 at 12:05 AM Post #5 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhaedrusX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
here's another "might work."
i haven't tried this with my filters yet because i haven't needed to, but i was thinking a blast of compressed air might do the trick.

that might be safe, but I'd be afraid I would mess them up by doing that.

Jan 30, 2008 at 1:05 AM Post #6 of 14
Maybe it would solve your problem if you applied some kind of lube before inserting so that the tip wont get pushed back and the filters stay behind the tip... (does this make sense ???) I think that the problem lies in that the filter is the part that is in front when inserting...

Or maybe a smaller sleeve...

Jan 30, 2008 at 2:38 AM Post #7 of 14
The filters are there to catch occasional wax, but not consistently. You should research ear hygiene such as mineral water to regularly loosen it up. Chances are regardless of IEM the problem will persist.

Jan 31, 2008 at 4:57 PM Post #9 of 14
This why I couldn't standing using my E2c's, the wax filters became a pain to keep replacing. Don't know why they don't just include a wax loop.

Jan 31, 2008 at 6:41 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by jervid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what about not using the filters? will this damage the phones??

No, don't use it without filters! Filters are for protection of You earphone.

What size of eartips do You use? I had the XXS on, and I noticed they are too short, and the filters getting dirty too often I changed them more than once a week.

Now, I changed to XS and i didn't have to change the filters since! They are longer a litle bit and the wax stick to them, and not to the filters.

If You use different size eartips, try one size bigger. Just a tip.

Jan 31, 2008 at 7:24 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by robojack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This why I couldn't standing using my E2c's, the wax filters became a pain to keep replacing. Don't know why they don't just include a wax loop.

What do you mean ?

And no 2,this seems to be a real issue with the Q Jays,as more and more people online are talking about the filters only lasting days ! Not weeks or Months.

This and I am only a few days away from smacking down 4 bills for two sets of Q's in black locally here in Ottawa.....
frown.gif

Jan 31, 2008 at 10:39 PM Post #12 of 14
As I said, since I changed to different eartips, I've got control of this problem.

I didn't have to change filters weeks ago!

Other brands may need only a wax loop to clean, because have longer tubes, but they are bigger too. The q-Jays are incredible small, and it is important to don't the wax reach the drivers.

For me, the Eartips get dirty inside, but before the filter itself, so the wax dont go deep enough to mess them. They need a little cleaning sometimes, but Im happy with this now.

First tries with eartips at the first use caused some messed up filters, and using the smallest (mean really small and short) ones wasn't a good idea, but with that I didn't feel anything in my ear, and the whole thing went so deep, they were invisible in the mirror!

As I said, the bigger eartips are longer too, and only the eartips inner side gets dirty. Need to find out the optimal wear, and getting use to inserting will help too. Quicker, proper insertion = less messing up.

Feb 1, 2008 at 1:27 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by earfanatic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As I said, since I changed to different eartips, I've got control of this problem.

I didn't have to change filters weeks ago!

Other brands may need only a wax loop to clean, because have longer tubes, but they are bigger too. The q-Jays are incredible small, and it is important to don't the wax reach the drivers.

For me, the Eartips get dirty inside, but before the filter itself, so the wax dont go deep enough to mess them. They need a little cleaning sometimes, but Im happy with this now.

First tries with eartips at the first use caused some messed up filters, and using the smallest (mean really small and short) ones wasn't a good idea, but with that I didn't feel anything in my ear, and the whole thing went so deep, they were invisible in the mirror!

As I said, the bigger eartips are longer too, and only the eartips inner side gets dirty. Need to find out the optimal wear, and getting use to inserting will help too. Quicker, proper insertion = less messing up.

Thanks for the tip.. i'll give that a try...
like i said earlier i like the phones but i was going through filters like it was water...

Mar 7, 2008 at 9:15 AM Post #14 of 14
Hello all! i'm actually planning to get a Q-Jays next month , after hearing all the good things about it. But i have 2 questions: Where can i buy a set of Q-Jays? and i heard that you need to change the filters quite often. Where can i get the filters too? I live in Canada.
Thank You!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back