D-Jays from sweden anyone?
Nov 18, 2006 at 9:27 PM Post #2 of 5
Hi!

I have had them for about a month now and I have used them a lot on my portable devices (SRF-S50, IFP-799 and Zen Touch) without an amp (they are very easy to drive).

The SQ is OK, but not great. I guess you get what you pay for. I find it more detailed than my EP-630 and my PX-100. The bass is stronger than on my EP-630, but definitely not like the PX-100.

Out of the radio (SRF-S50) and to a lesser extent IFP-799, I can can hear white noise when the volume is turned down. On the radio, the white noise is a problem if I listen to classical music on the radio. Most of the time I listen to news radio though. On the IFP-799 the noise level is much lower, and I don't have a problem with it. On my Zen Touch I am unable to hear any noise.

The cable is shorter than on other portable headphones, which is good (I broke my old sony EX71 because the long cable got caught in a door handle). You also get an extra cable to prolong with.

The short cable do affect the radio reception, though. I can't use the radio on the IFP-799 with these because the sensitivity is too low. On the other hand the radio reception on the SRF-S50 is actually better with these (the SRF-S50 already has a high sensitivity and I have had problems with the selectivity with other phones).

They are very easy to plug in and out (they don't go very deep) and still isolate very well (much better than the EP-630). They are also very small and doesn't protrude from your ears. You can easily sleep with them.

These are the headphones I use the most when I'm not at home. This is mainly because they are so small and practical.

I'm sorry I can't compare them with any other IEMs in that price range. I hope this helps a bit.

/Johan

Nov 18, 2006 at 11:42 PM Post #3 of 5
I've had a pair for about a month now. I'd liken their sound quality to an in-ear Grado, better than an SR60 (better spectral balance and wider, deeper soundstage), but not as good as an SR225 (for one thing, not as clear or well-focused, but the d-jays ARE nicely detailed). I particularly enjoy them with rock at work, where I can't have sound leakage. For genres of music other than lively rock, I use the Ety ER4S, which deliver considerably better sound quality across the board, but not the crunch and chunk factor of the d-jays for rock, particularly rock guitar.

Nov 19, 2006 at 1:18 AM Post #4 of 5
I pretty much share sbulack's sentiment towards these IEMs, but would like to add something else: if you're looking for isolation, you're not going to get any with the sleeves they provide. I had to spend a little extra to purchase Etymotic bi-flanges, which work like a charm on the d-JAYS.

Nov 19, 2006 at 6:01 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by kazaam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I pretty much share sbulack's sentiment towards these IEMs, but would like to add something else: if you're looking for isolation, you're not going to get any with the sleeves they provide. I had to spend a little extra to purchase Etymotic bi-flanges, which work like a charm on the d-JAYS.

Lol, the D-jays sleeves are my favorite. I use them on my Vibes, D-jays, E2s and my Um2s. By far the best tips I've tried, and I have between 40 - 50 tips lying around...

Ply

Users who are viewing this thread

Back