D e W o l f f - O r c h a d s / L u p i n e
Mar 5, 2011 at 8:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Peter Polo

Head-Fier

Black Keys,Led Zeppelin,Doors ,Jimi Hendrix  Deep Purple,Jethro Tull.Black Sabbath,Focus
you like that ? 

First,sorry,my English is not so good,I see it as a MUST,to let you guys now,there is an amazing young trio,DeWolff with an amazing new album called Orcads/Lupine.
3 guys from the south of the Netherlands who are nearly 20 years old,I think,the drummer is nearly 15 years old,playing  Bluesrock,Psychdelica,Hardrock and Symfonic Rock ?
As a guy from Holland,I am really proud of this powertrio.
With their second album Orchards/Lupine these guys are doing a giant step to the world of fame,I hope !
A must for people who like the  Black Keys  ,Focus  (also from Holland:wink:, Led Zeppelin , Doors , Jimi Hendrix , Deep Purple  and  Jethro Tull.
These 3 guys make music wich many old rockers only can dream of,passion,technik and soundwise
They already had a tv performance at the famous German tv programm Rockpalast,you can find this at www.dewolff.nu
The road is open for these youg guys to festivals in the US(SXSW) and  the UK.
In songs like Evil and the Midnight Sun and Pick Your Bones Out of the Water does DeWolff remind you to The Black Keys,this month they performing with them in the Heiniken Music Hall in Amsterdam.Luckely there is more to find on the album than copying TBK.
DeWolff plays all kind of styles and gave these a new dimension.
You can put for example a song like Diamonds on the album “Moving Waves” by Focus (1973)
Everything Everywhere gives the sound of Tony Iommi and Black Sabbath new life and again a flow of Focus
And what a fantastic psychadalic trip is the Pistol,about 9 minutes ultimate joy with fuzzy guitar,mellotron and superb drum work.
Rock,jazz,symfonica,psychadelica,all these ingredients in one song,amazing.
Enough musical adventure to find with these dynamic passioned trio.
The 19th I see them playing live,can't wait . . .

Peace,

Polo

PS DeWolff's first album is also a NO RISK DISK
Strange Fruits and Undiscovered Plants (2009)

[size=13.0pt].[/size]

Mar 6, 2011 at 3:34 PM Post #2 of 3
Very good album! I stumbled on these guys a month or two ago. I highly recommend it as well.
biggrin.gif
I'm pretty jealous that you're seeing them live.

Mar 7, 2011 at 10:45 AM Post #3 of 3
I see the drummer live on a daily basis, because he attends the same school as I do (the other bandmembers are all graduates at the school as well). I think it is one of the better dutch bands at the moment, but It's not one of my personal favourites because I don't like the genre of music they make. They do have undeniable talent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back