D.C. Area Meet (Saturday, July 26th, 2014) - part of CanMania @ Capital Audio Fest (CAF) 2014
Jul 23, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #286 of 324

Have a good time, and travel safe bro! 
smile.gif

Hopefully we can meet up at another meet, man!  I hope all is well!

Thanks, everything will be just fine. 
smile.gif
  I imagine we'll be meeting up sooner or later as I love meets.  Are you going to CanJam by any chance?

Getting packed tonight and hit the airport in the tomorrow.  I will see you all at the Sheraton.

Man, gonna miss you!  John will be there though, as will Mercer.  Also, you get to take our little panda - bowei006 - under your wing and show him the ropes.  It's his first real meet. 
biggrin.gif

Jul 23, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #287 of 324
Thanks, everything will be just fine.  :smile:   I imagine we'll be meeting up sooner or later as I love meets.  Are you going to CanJam by any chance?

Nah man, I'm allergic to hippies (Colorado joke). Unfortunately, I won't be at CanJam but maybe next year.

Jul 24, 2014 at 12:22 AM Post #289 of 324

Thanks, everything will be just fine. 
smile.gif
  I imagine we'll be meeting up sooner or later as I love meets.  Are you going to CanJam by any chance?

Nah man, I'm allergic to hippies (Colorado joke). Unfortunately, I won't be at CanJam but maybe next year.

That's cool.  I'm looking forward to CanJam.  It's like Mecca for me.

I'm about 7 ft, blue skin from a lab accident, you'll notice me.

This sounds like it is going to get real weird... I can adapt!

Jul 24, 2014 at 8:05 AM Post #291 of 324
  Man, gonna miss you!  John will be there though, as will Mercer.  Also, you get to take our little panda - bowei006 - under your wing and show him the ropes.  It's his first real meet. 
biggrin.gif

Sniff sniff, Ima miss you too man...
frown.gif

I am hoping John can teach me a little more about wine...
biggrin.gif

I look forward to meeting bowei006 (I proof read one of his school papers for him a while back so this will be fun to meet him face to face) and a few of the other regs I have not met in person yet.

Just about to finish the packing I procrastinated about last night so I can get on the road.

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #292 of 324

That's cool.  I'm looking forward to CanJam.  It's like Mecca for me.

Oh I want to go very badly, I just gotta wait 'til the kids get a bit older.

Jul 24, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #295 of 324
  Seems like the sell/trade board is looking a bit empty, but I'll still put this here: Schiit Lyr and Audeze LCD-2.2 up for sale/trade. Particularly interested in HD-700/800

Posted, good luck! 
smile.gif

Jul 24, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #296 of 324
Woo hoo, the show starts tomorrow! 
smile.gif

FYI, we've got a bunch of Audio360 guys there.  Frank Iacone (@Frank I), Michael Mercer (@mikemercer), Bowei Zhao (@bowei006), Scot Hull, Ian White... and of course Michael Liang (@HiFiGuy528) with Woo.  Feel free to flag any of them down to say hello, or chat about audio and music, or just hang out and cruise the show together.

I'll be starting an impressions thread tomorrow morning, so that you guys can post live updates if you want.

Have fun everyone!
beerchug.gif

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #297 of 324
Never having been to a show other than a headfi meet, do you folks recommend bringing an Ipod or reference CD to listen to gear outside of the headfi meet? Or is that opportunity not really there

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #298 of 324
  Never having been to a show other than a headfi meet, do you folks recommend bringing an Ipod or reference CD to listen to gear outside of the headfi meet? Or is that opportunity not really there

I would.  I would recommend carrying your reference portable player with you, a USB flash drive with reference tracks, and - as a last resort - a CD burned with reference tracks.  The exhibitors at personal audio shows tend to be very flexible and accommodating, so I definitely advise having all three on you. 
smile.gif

Jul 24, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #299 of 324

I would.  I would recommend carrying your reference portable player with you, a USB flash drive with reference tracks, and - as a last resort - a CD burned with reference tracks.  The exhibitors at personal audio shows tend to be very flexible and accommodating, so I definitely advise having all three on you. 
smile.gif

Much Thanks

Jul 24, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #300 of 324
I'll set up a nice demo tracklist on a usb tomorrow then, planning to stop by Saturday :D

I'll probably just bring my HD595 to demo with amps and Fiio X3 as a source when there isn't a particular one I want to test :>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back