D.C. Area Meet (Saturday, July 26th, 2014) - part of CanMania @ Capital Audio Fest (CAF) 2014
Apr 15, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #61 of 324
  For those who are coming so far, I am currently hoping to hear the following 2 combos: LCD-x and WA5 as well as BHSE and SR007mk2.  Do we have anyone bringing any elements of those setups yet?
I'm currently building a T2, but I don't think I'll have it finished and cased up by the time this meet comes around.

I've got an LCD-X (as does Frank).  It'll probably be easier for Frank to bring his as he's driving instead, but I imagine we'll have at least one floating around there.

Apr 15, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #62 of 324

I've got an LCD-X (as does Frank).  It'll probably be easier for Frank to bring his as he's driving instead, but I imagine we'll have at least one floating around there.

I'll bring my LCD-X too, and I see that Woo Audio is doing the show. Also, HeadAmp is a vendor, so there's your BHSE (and maybe the 007mk2).

Apr 15, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #63 of 324
I will bring the lCDX, LCD XC and Oppo PI and HE560 if we have none there. Hopefully  Jack bring the WA5 as the room will be attached to the Can Mania and will see if that can be aranged as well. There should be Oppo stuff available for the meet as well

Apr 15, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #64 of 324
  I will bring the lCDX, LCD XC and Oppo PI and HE560 if we have no theres. Hopefully  Jack bring the WA5 as the room will be attached to the Can Mania and will see if that can be aranged as well. There should be Oppo stuff available for the meet as well

beerchug.gif

Apr 15, 2014 at 10:30 PM Post #67 of 324
I'll be there Thursday night leaving Monday.

Bringing AK120, DX50 (rockboxed), Studio V 3rd, Leckerton UHA760, and ?HD80's or PS500's? (still deciding on whether the full size HP's are coming).  I will also have my CIEMs (Roxanne and UE7pro).

Apr 15, 2014 at 11:09 PM Post #70 of 324
Thanks warrenpchi and Frank I  for organizing this meet, will be there for sure.

I will be bring HE-6, PWD 2, Emotiva UPA 200. As my HE-6 heavily molded with different Grills, Pad and fuzzor mod, I can hardly remember how stock ones sounded, looking forward to compare with stock HE-6, It would also awesome if @preproman can get his First Watt F1J, I am dying to try HE-6 with first watt amp. Other gears I have are Lyr, HD-650, HE-400, HD-598, PFE-232, UE900 and will bring along them too.

I was able combine work trip and NY meet few days back, overall that meet was great and had chance to head different hp and rigs, however critical listening was impossible with noise in the room, even though I was able to try my HE-6 with different speaker amps it was pretty inconclusive. Hope it would be different this time.

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:08 AM Post #74 of 324
  I'm hoping I can make it! But not absolutely sure yet

Originally Posted by zachchen1996 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If I can make it, I will bring all I have (which isn't much xP) Vorzamp Pure II, Hidition NT6 PRO, iBasso DX90 (if I do end up getting it), Whiplash TWau reference

We're all civilized chaps here, so you're attending until proven absent. 
wink.gif

Thank you warrenpchi and modular for setting up the DC/MD/VA group, and Frank I for organizing--I had no idea about this thread until I received the PM today. Yes, I'll definitely be coming to CanMania and CAF--it sounds great! I haven't decided if I'll be bringing any gear--not sure if it makes sense to duplicate what vendors will already have. Is Schiit onboard? I may have a Ragnarok by the show. My current plan is to be at the show Friday and Saturday.

Welcome!  Thanks for coming!  It's very likely that we're going to have a yabba-dabba-doo time. 
smile.gif

I've invited a few others to check out the DC/VA/MD group as well.

Awesome!  Every little bit helps spread the word.

Also, HeadAmp is a vendor, so there's your BHSE (and maybe the 007mk2).

Uh-oh... many of the people I know who audition BHSE and Stax end up buying the rig.  In fact, um, Bear? 
tongue.gif

I am certainly going! I'll have my SE846 with me if anyone is interested in trying it out (might want to bring your own tips though..)

ottotron, I keep missing this everytime Jude brings it to SoCal.  I'll have to take you up on that.  Does the SE846 have a "standard" sized shaft?  Or is it all narrow like Etys?

Thanks warrenpchi and Frank I  for organizing this meet, will be there for sure.

I will be bring HE-6, PWD 2, Emotiva UPA 200. As my HE-6 heavily molded with different Grills, Pad and fuzzor mod, I can hardly remember how stock ones sounded, looking forward to compare with stock HE-6, It would also awesome if @preproman can get his First Watt F1J, I am dying to try HE-6 with first watt amp. Other gears I have are Lyr, HD-650, HE-400, HD-598, PFE-232, UE900 and will bring along them too.

Thanks!  And wow, that's quite a bit of gear there! 
smile.gif

This meet is going to be awesome!!!!!   
atsmile.gif

Yes!  Yes it is! 
bigsmile_face.gif

I've updated the second post.  Please let me know if I have spaced and forgotten anyone.  Also, I took a wild guess at how much table space people need... please let me know if you'd like some more space to spread things out.  Thanks guys!

Apr 16, 2014 at 5:21 AM Post #75 of 324
Welcome!  Thanks for coming!  It's very likely that we're going to have a yabba-dabba-doo time.  :smile:

Awesome!  Every little bit helps spread the word.

ottotron, I keep missing this everytime Jude brings it to SoCal.  I'll have to take you up on that.  Does the SE846 have a "standard" sized shaft?  Or is it all narrow like Etys?

I guess they are standard. Any SE-series iem tips work and Westone tips fit them well too. I would imagine that Ety tips would fit them. I will bring one or two extra pairs of tips I don't use just in case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back