D-88
Sep 4, 2002 at 12:13 AM Post #3 of 10
biggrin.gif

Sep 4, 2002 at 12:43 AM Post #4 of 10
RobertR,
D-88 is a very hard to find item. It is the smallest Discman ever. It plays both 3" and regular cd. It is the 1989 model. I used to win an auction, but sadly, it was not in operational condition once it arrived at my apt. Nice player, but I think D-303, and other legendary discman is still better.

Purk

Sep 4, 2002 at 12:50 AM Post #5 of 10
These are listed as "as-is" untested, so they may not work either. And the seller does advise in the listing that shipping to the US is "expensive". Might be best to pass on these...

Sep 4, 2002 at 3:11 AM Post #6 of 10
Meithkiller has D-88?
Not anymore, now I own his unit
biggrin.gif
,maybe he had more
wink.gif

Battery is a "standard" 4V lead acid battery, according to the manual, battery lasts about 2h in room temp.
Unit is very small itself, battery is placed in attachable battery compartment which holds charger too.

Sep 4, 2002 at 10:06 PM Post #7 of 10
Yup, I got rid of my D-88, it has returned home to Australia (where I got it used--ebay). The D-88 is really not much more than a novelty anymore. It sounds good, like most of the older Sony PCDP's, but for full sized CD's the exposed playing surface could really be a problem. That coupled with the fact that only the expensive old Sony lead-acid batteries can be used to power it on the go, there a quite a few better choices for a classic Sony PCDP for stationary or on the go use. It is still a really cool little CD player though, and if I can find another one cheap enough, I'll probably get another one.

-Keith

Sep 6, 2002 at 2:16 AM Post #8 of 10
I think D-88 was engineered with 3" CD single in mind, these 3" singles are damn popular in Asia (esp. Japan). It's ability of paying a full size CD is just a bonus. So, pls don't think it's a joke. A lot of Japaneses have more 3" CD singles than full size albums.

Sep 6, 2002 at 7:01 AM Post #10 of 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back