d-777 on e-bay going up
Sep 4, 2002 at 2:07 AM Post #3 of 19
hi guys...

people be aware of ebay !!...i just got ripped today
mad.gif
by the guy that was selling those 303 in box not too long ago...if im right you got one..i got another and fellow martioz got the last one...well i mailed the guy today and said it sold them by mistake and that he doesnt have mine
confused.gif
, so he will just refund the money...i hope...he better..
mad.gif
mad.gif

today im very sad ...i was so happy with the great deal i got (40$) for a new d-303...well life if like this...i just want you guys to be carefull who do you buy stuff from...

remember...i dont mean to scare anyone off ...this is just my own experience...

and please DO NOT review your 303 to say it sounds great...
frown.gif
wink.gif
frown.gif

Sep 4, 2002 at 4:02 AM Post #4 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by dkm24
Lets see will this go for 250 or 300

hahah, i can believe that. looks like psychic purk was apparently wrong about it ending before the auction ended
wink.gif
tongue.gif
. well, good luck to anyone in here thats bidding on it!!

Sep 4, 2002 at 8:27 AM Post #5 of 19
Guys,

Quote:

hahah, i can believe that. looks like psychic purk was apparently wrong about it ending before the auction ended . well, good luck to anyone in here thats bidding on it!!

Honestly, maybe the seller is headfi-influenced. Anyway, just want to let you know that the D-777 doesn't worth 250 dollars. Spend your money wisely. Safe that for D-555, D-303, and D-E905. Trust me.

Purk

Sep 4, 2002 at 4:56 PM Post #6 of 19
It is now 225 dollars. That's crazy. I really think that this D-777 might go above the 380 dollars of that D-555.

Sep 4, 2002 at 7:29 PM Post #8 of 19
mekanoplastik:
Yes I was the other one that got the d-303. It is brand new but it does have problems. I have yet to figure it out, but I think the grease has dried up on it. It's noisy. The only vintage player that I have gotten that has worked well out of the box is the Silicon Salvage D25-s. What a player!. I will have to shake the bugs out of the d-303. Sorry to hear about you experience. I got an Optimus 3400 not long ago and it has problems too. Luckily the line out is good. I am debating whether to get it professional help. The headphone out doesn't work well. I guess when you are dealing with old players you run the risk. doug

Sep 4, 2002 at 9:58 PM Post #9 of 19
Don't be surprise this is our influence.
Majority of the members here are proud or prouder to have The Old Legendary PCDP and current models are only piece of c...
The true is different, we all love the new shiny plastic or magnesium hi tech toys!
We don't talk about them to keep price on a low level.
Instead we try to get rid of old c... for big bucks to get those hi-tech magnesium toys for nothing
wink.gif

Sep 5, 2002 at 1:46 AM Post #10 of 19
Looks like the bidding has slowed. Maybe since this forum gave a thumbs down on the deal it cooled off. Who knows. Gee you could get a pair of Grado SR325's for the price of that discman. You could get a nice amp for a new Sony discman and really make it sing. doug

Sep 5, 2002 at 4:28 AM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by dkm24
Gee you could get a pair of Grado SR325's for the price of that discman. You could get a nice amp for a new Sony discman and really make it sing

yeah, seriously man. some people might want it that bad, but thats pretty pretty bad
confused.gif
. hmm, really think before u act (or bid
tongue.gif
), ah well..

Sep 5, 2002 at 4:32 AM Post #12 of 19
Dkm24,

Quote:

Looks like the bidding has slowed. Maybe since this forum gave a thumbs down on the deal it cooled off. Who knows. Gee you could get a pair of Grado SR325's for the price of that discman. You could get a nice amp for a new Sony discman and really make it sing. doug

You can get Sony D-EJ915 (70 dollars) + Meta42 (120-170 dollars) + Sony MDR-V6 (60-80 dollars) and you are all set!!

Purk

Sep 5, 2002 at 2:59 PM Post #13 of 19
What exactly is the buzz on the 777? Why is it so much a better player that is draws such a high premium?

Sep 5, 2002 at 3:15 PM Post #14 of 19
Jfalford,
D-777 is a very sleek and classy discman. It has biocellulose chassis. Headroom.com used to recommend it to use with thier amps. It has an outstanding headphone output. The bass is very punchy, and the midrange is liquid. The line out is about the same as the newer discmans (a bit lower in quality actually). I still think the D-E905, D-303, D-515, and D-555 have better phone out, line out, and a better discman. D-777 headphone out is much better than the newer model: E-J01, E-J1000...and etc.

Purk

Sep 5, 2002 at 5:36 PM Post #15 of 19
I'll second Purk on that, having the D777, E905 and EJ1000...

My 'signature' below says that I only use the EJ1000... that is purely because of the extra battery life on this unit... in sheer terms, the E905 is the best of my bunch, but... that being said, the D777 is still a very clear cut above the rest
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back