D-777 Almost within my grasp
May 6, 2002 at 4:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

hussman

New Head-Fier
I bought a D-777 on Ebay last week and it should be here on wednesday! I emailed the guy during the auction and snatched it up for the bargain price of $100 inc shipping. It has all the accessories except the carry case and the adaptor (I already have a D-777 adaptor though). I had one before but it was rather beat up and I ended up just getting a refund for it. The basic reason for my post apart from gloating of course was I was wondering what some good phones to plug into the headphone out of this player would be. I also have a D-25 so if there is a headphone that would work well on both of these that would probably be the one that I would go with. I am part of team cheapie Koss right now with my KSC-35's and I love em to death...but they don't surprise me and amaze me like they used to...see what this board has done to me! Also, I have some Ni-Cad Gumstick batteries and I was wondering if those would work with the D-777 without harming it. I need to get in touch with JMT also to see if I'm his list for a headphone amp....anyone know which of the amps he build would work best with what I have to work with? Thanks in advance.

Hussein

May 7, 2002 at 1:19 AM Post #2 of 5
hussman,
congrats. i've had my d777 for years and love it. my redbook setup is:
d777 -> markertec cable mini-mini -> cha47 (gain 6) -> markertec cable mini-female mini -> sony v6(rsmods). it kicks ass. tell jmt what your equipment is and he'll tweak your amp.

i don't know about the gumsticks you have. here are the sony gumsticks you should use:
http://www.minidisct.com/shopping/hy...cessories.html
scroll down. Rechargable Batteries Sony NH-14WM $22. hyperjack is cool and cheap.

May 7, 2002 at 7:12 AM Post #3 of 5
Where do you get the markertec mini cables and do they preserve the quality well? Also what are the options for using the remote as well as the line out? Can the remote be plugged into the headphone socket with the other stuff running off of the line out? I haven't receieved the player yet which is why I'm asking...otherwise I'm sure I would have tried that and every other combination of wires etc out there. Thanks for the help and reccomendations so far! I just emailed JMT and my name is still on the list and should be started soon! I will be in audio bliss soon!

Hussein

May 7, 2002 at 7:06 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by hussman
Where do you get the markertec mini cables and do they preserve the quality well? Also what are the options for using the remote as well as the line out? Can the remote be plugged into the headphone socket with the other stuff running off of the line out? I haven't receieved the player yet which is why I'm asking...otherwise I'm sure I would have tried that and every other combination of wires etc out there. Thanks for the help and reccomendations so far! I just emailed JMT and my name is still on the list and should be started soon! I will be in audio bliss soon!

Hussein

i looked it up for you.
markertec

here's the interconnect:
stereo 3.5mm m/m

i haven't done much comparison but it is a well built, cheap cable that many here also like. i got the 1.5 size. you can specify colors, too.

the remote can be plugged into the headphone jack while the line out is used. you can even listen to the line out while someone else uses the headphone jack.

May 8, 2002 at 6:57 PM Post #5 of 5
congrats on the purchase
biggrin.gif

hehe, another member of the 'high-end' Sony club
biggrin.gif

Yes I agree with Red 110% about the remote control, and the sound quality from the line out kicking ass for the cost... its great
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back