D-66 Eggos About to Buy
Jun 1, 2005 at 2:26 AM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by fureshi
okay, maybe not confused. i do enjoy both headphones for what they are and their respective sounds.
icon10.gif

Try enjoying as many headphones as I have........now that's confusion!
biggrin.gif

Jun 1, 2005 at 6:28 AM Post #17 of 23
i recall a post where everyone was asked to list their collection of cans and if memory serves me correctly, you had the single largest collection. how do you find time to enjoy your collection? i feel like i'm wasting some of my headphones since they're just collecting dust the majority of the time.

Jun 1, 2005 at 11:32 AM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by joelongwood
Try enjoying as many headphones as I have........now that's confusion!
biggrin.gif

I agree, you have way too many. You also have too many amps. For example, if you had a tiny translucent amp with bass boost, I think you should get rid of it. Put it in the for sale forum right now. That's..just an example, though....

Jun 1, 2005 at 3:19 PM Post #20 of 23
I have fond memories of the D66's comfort and sound, however, I could not get over the creaking plastic whenever I moved my head. I *gave* them away when I got my PX-100's

Jun 1, 2005 at 3:45 PM Post #21 of 23
Just get the D66's and be happy........I wish they offered a wee bit more isolation, though.

Jun 1, 2005 at 10:41 PM Post #22 of 23
I say get the D66's, as it was mentioned earlier they are by no means basshead cans. They provide just enough bass and they sound great with almost any type of music IMO. They are also extremely portable (foldable to make them more compact when storing them away) and are comfortable.

Jun 1, 2005 at 11:39 PM Post #23 of 23
I got the D22 and i'm pretty satisfy. I'm no big audiophile and the D22 were decent enough for portable use. I'm planning to grab myself a pair of D66 this summer over Hong Kong or if i happen to be able to find the D55 or D77 that too.

About the bass, stock they are rather flat. But if you do Bower's bass mod with the hole on the side i guarantee the bass won't be a problem. It will have enough bass.

As for the isolation, it is true that before the mod and especially after, it ain't so great. I solved the problem by adding foam in the headphones. There's this empty space for your ears to tug in for the Eggos and i put some foam there. It decreases the quality by a bit, but the isolation is increased much more which is good for portable use. Its enough to kill the conversation in a noisy bus and you should be able to hear it better. Without the foaming, before the mod and after, the isolation is still a little bit lacking imo.

The Bower's mod can be found here:
http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showt...&highlight=D66

I certainly enjoyed mine and its great for portable use since you can fold them together and put it in your bag and such. I believe the D66 comes with a bag for you to carry around your headphones.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back