D-465 No Disc Error?
Aug 18, 2005 at 7:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Omari149

100+ Head-Fier
I just bought this D-465 off of ebay and it doesn't read a single disc, and the seller told me of the problem, and he also said that the player has never been dropped or opened up. Plus the Discman doesn't even look like it's been used that much it's in great condition physically.

So how do I get my D-465 to recognize CD's ?

Aug 18, 2005 at 7:46 PM Post #2 of 4
have you checked out the DIY discman repair thread stickied at the top?

I was able to fix my D465 with information from that. seems to have stopped working during the time I had it stored away, but now it works great.

Aug 18, 2005 at 8:46 PM Post #3 of 4
I don't see anything in there thats related to D-465. I opened it up and look at the pots but there all different to the ones they were discussing. Can you tell me what you did to get your D-465 to recognize CD's?

Aug 18, 2005 at 9:54 PM Post #4 of 4
Ok I finally got it to read and play original CD's but not burned CD's. First I messed around with the pots and then after no effect on playback I think I put all of them in there orginal positions. Then I noticed that the laser head couldn't and wouldn't move if I moved it all the way back when I turned it on to play a CD. So I realized that the laser head was damaged, so I switched the laser head with another Discman's laser head (not the entire assembly) and now it works half way. Just incase you wanted to know the model number of the Discman I switched it with, it was a D-M805. So now I have to get it to play burned CD's by checking the pots.

For burned CD's the tracks show up on the display but the tracks skip.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back