D-25S Sony Discman
Dec 26, 2002 at 4:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

OriginalReaper

500+ Head-Fier
first.jpg

After reading the Sony D-25S Discman review I instantly wanted one. So I bought it (on ebay).

I was wondering... It doesn't have an equalizer button, and I like heavier rock (Queens of the Stone Age, Rage Against the Machine, System of a Down, Disturbed, etc.)

How will the Bass sound with Grado 225's? I have a SlimX and it's not so good (even on the "Rock" equalizer setting). I use a Sharp 3 CD changer in the living room for better sound. (better tighter bass than the SlimX) I want the CD player so I can listen to music in my room.

How will the D-25S' bass sound with Grados?

Also, will I absolutely NEED the battery or can I just use an A/C adapter? (with the slimx you need the batteries)

Dec 27, 2002 at 1:27 AM Post #2 of 7
Read this thread. KR... was using the battery and slamming the player. It was soon discovered that the battery is 4.5volts and the wall wart is 9volts. From the post it looks as if the wall wart is the way to go. Radio shack has an adapter that is filtered and regulated for 14.99.

Jod
wink.gif

Dec 27, 2002 at 1:51 AM Post #3 of 7
But it doesn't require a battery to use... right?

The SlimX I have won't play at all if it has no batteries inside (even with an A/C adapter)

also, from that thread it said it sounded metallic and had low amounts of bass. What's your opinion on that?

thanx for the links, i'll get that adapter tomorrow.

Dec 27, 2002 at 3:50 AM Post #4 of 7
I don't have the D-25s, but none of the other older Sony's I have require a battery if you've got AC power.

Dec 27, 2002 at 5:10 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

The SlimX I have won't play at all if it has no batteries inside (even with an A/C adapter)

I've actually never had a discman work like that. So yes, wallwart is all you will need.

Quote:

also, from that thread it said it sounded metallic and had low amounts of bass. What's your opinion on that?

Later in the post KR... takes it all back and blames it on the low amount of power the pcdp was recieving from the battery.

Jod
wink.gif

Dec 28, 2002 at 5:36 AM Post #6 of 7
ok, I'm in on one at ebay. currently there are 4 or 5 auctions with reserve set at $35. i love the aesthetics. I don't need it to be very portable so radio shack wall power is fine. thanks for the review

Dec 29, 2002 at 3:45 AM Post #7 of 7
I am extremely impressed with the D-25S's sound quality. The line out is significantly better than my SlimX's, and the headphone out is in a completely different league. I just compared it with my Onkyo 6 CD changer on my speakers, and the PCDP won!!! It is absolutely phenomenal with my Ety's and META42.

I use the Radio Shack power bank (#273-1900) which works as an AC adapter and as a portable power source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back