D-101...D-303??
Sep 1, 2003 at 1:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Mystyler

500+ Head-Fier
Same family models or what? So far, my research on the D-101 has turned up nada, but if it's anything like the D-303 then $20AUD must be damned cheap.

If my logic is correct, then the D-303 was the flagship, the D-101 was the budget model and the D-202 was somewhere in between...

Sep 1, 2003 at 4:00 PM Post #2 of 6
Yeah
biggrin.gif
. You're right.

Sep 2, 2003 at 1:37 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by Mystyler
Same family models or what? So far, my research on the D-101 has turned up nada, but if it's anything like the D-303 then $20AUD must be damned cheap.

If my logic is correct, then the D-303 was the flagship, the D-101 was the budget model and the D-202 was somewhere in between...

------------------

just a comment...

funny that, i got my D303 2 months(?) ago.. i think for that amount $20AUD and from WA. It was on ebay and the photo was quite small that no one else recognise and no one bid but me and had about 190aud ready for bidding....
smily_headphones1.gif

You never know what's there in EBAY.. and today must be my lucky day.. imagine.. NEW IN BOX sharp 831 and that afternoon I stopped in one MONEY LENT SHOP.. and there waiting for me was e905 another classic to join my d777 and d350.. lucky day!! Now, all i want is a SONY R50.. with all accesories..

Sep 2, 2003 at 10:55 PM Post #4 of 6
There's been some debate regarding the x0x family.

I have the D-101 and the D-202 (never heard the D-303...yet), and the line outs sound wonderful on both. The headphone out?...that's another matter.

Sep 3, 2003 at 5:00 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by 3h3ads
------------------

just a comment...

funny that, i got my D303 2 months(?) ago.. i think for that amount $20AUD and from WA. It was on ebay and the photo was quite small that no one else recognise and no one bid but me and had about 190aud ready for bidding....
smily_headphones1.gif

You never know what's there in EBAY.. and today must be my lucky day.. imagine.. NEW IN BOX sharp 831 and that afternoon I stopped in one MONEY LENT SHOP.. and there waiting for me was e905 another classic to join my d777 and d350.. lucky day!! Now, all i want is a SONY R50.. with all accesories..

eek.gif

Jesus! You know how long I've been looking for a mint MT831!? It seems the harder I look, the easier they end up in other people's hands.
biggrin.gif
Then an E905?! Some people get all the luck.
600smile.gif

The D-101 was just like that - small photo, and no-one bid. I would have, but I chewed my money on cheap Bond DVDs. Besides, as cscott23 points suggests, the headphone out doesn't sound too crash hot (bad, bad pun). Although the line out might be superb, I don't really have any use for it, since I lack an amp. Plus my recently ebayed D-22 is damn sweet. Perhaps the D-101 is something to keep an eye out for in future...not much info on it though.

Sep 3, 2003 at 11:20 PM Post #6 of 6
Originally posted by Mystyler
eek.gif

Jesus! You know how long I've been looking for a mint MT831!? It seems the harder I look, the easier they end up in other people's hands.
biggrin.gif
Then an E905?! Some people get all the luck.
600smile.gif

------------
it's a mint one silver version alright, no scratches but.. the thing missing is the battery pack for 1AA. I guess for 250AUD its ok..i've gone crazy with these classics md/pcdp and so far collected 4 of sony D777 all in working condition, all collected within sydney 2nd hand shops.. when will this madness end?.. ahh well.. cya!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back