Cyrus CD players
May 27, 2004 at 7:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

guzzler

Headphoneus Supremus
Evening all... this is actually AFAIK my first post in this particular forum, and I was wondering if anyone around here uses any of the Cyrus CD players? I don't hear them mentioned much around here, but they get uniformly good results in the UK hifi press, and What HiFi's recommended CD player is ALWAYS a Cyrus.

I was thinking of saving up for the CD6, which retails at around £600, and then if funds later allow, I could upgrade it to CD8 specs? I've more or less finished my super-PPA and was thinking upgrading my stereo rig and the CD player seems the logical place to start.

any opinions greatly appreciated..

g

May 28, 2004 at 3:40 AM Post #2 of 4
I haven't heard the recent models, but I've liked the older ones I've heard. Nevertheless, it might be wise to compare the Rega Planet 2000, the MF X-Ray V3, the Creek CD50 and maybe also the Arcus First Class CD... And you should probably also check the Cambridge Azur 640C and the NAD C542 in order to find out whether the upper class players are worth the price.

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

May 29, 2004 at 8:05 PM Post #3 of 4
I have the CD8 with a Larocco PPA Duluxe & Lab power supply. The detail is astonishing. The CD8 is a fantastic machine. Though aesthetically i like the black one over the silver one. There is a cyrus forum out there too!

Oct 25, 2017 at 7:27 PM Post #4 of 4
hello. I have the CD i with the PSXR-2 and it is a dream come true with my HD 800's headphone. The DAC staging (32-multbit) is incredible with in the player itself. i am extremely happy with the CD i and the external Power supply really f'ing makes a difference.
cleanest backround with no noise and you get nuances galore with in all your favourite recordings.

love it. worth the $$ 5\5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back