cyroparts don't understand their own process?
Jul 15, 2009 at 3:35 AM Post #32 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by ilney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So... they melt the cable then rapidly dip it in liquid nitrogen ??

No, the processes are separate. Either the metal can be heat treated, or cryogenically treated.

For an illustration of the cryogenic process, I can't think of a better place than CryoParts own website:

CryoParts Why Cryo?

Jul 15, 2009 at 4:49 AM Post #34 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by upstateguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm curious . . . .

No, you're not. Not really.
regular_smile .gif

P.S. The "snake oil reviews" is sort of a give away.

Jul 15, 2009 at 5:09 AM Post #36 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by upstateguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I most certainly am Phil.

USG

Then why would you ask a loaded question (i.e., "snake oil reviews")? You might drive away people who would be interested in trying to answer you. Nobody likes to answer a question like: "Have you stopped beating your wife?"
biggrin.gif

Jul 15, 2009 at 5:30 AM Post #37 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nobody likes to answer a question like: "Have you stopped beating your wife?"
biggrin.gif

I'm not sure how else I could inquire about such a situation
tongue_smile.gif

In response to USG, I don't believe such findings exist. Even for "important" applications in materials science, unbiased articles regarding cryogenic treatment of non ferrous metals are few and far between.

It is extremely unlikely that any third party would do a comprehensive study of cryogenically treated cables. There may still be stuff out there, but I doubt it.

Jul 15, 2009 at 5:33 AM Post #38 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Then why would you ask a loaded question (i.e., "snake oil reviews")? You might drive away people who would be interested in trying to answer you. Nobody likes to answer a question like: "Have you stopped beating your wife?"
biggrin.gif

I Didn't think it was a loaded question.... and besides, you're not one to talk.
beerchug.gif

USG

Jul 15, 2009 at 6:20 AM Post #39 of 139
Well I have bought cable from cryo-parts and they work better than other cable I have used and definitely outperform the snake oil i occasionally buy. Never know it is snake oil till later but Lee's isn't, at least as far as the sound of his cables....as far as a few other things audio-wise I have gotten...well......

By the way how bout if instead of checking back with my kids in 50 yrs I just freeze em now for 50 yrs and then check back.

Jul 15, 2009 at 11:09 AM Post #40 of 139
Cryo this cryo that. All I know is the wire is durable, it's ultra flexible and it sounds like a ray of sunshine that was made by angels in heaven.
And I can confirm all since I have my D2000 recabled with it.

Jul 15, 2009 at 3:54 PM Post #42 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Otherwise, if you don't believe his products are any good, then don't buy them. Simple enough.

telling people about non-science IS a service to the community.

I, for one, appreciate it when someone cuts thru the vendors' BS claims.

thanks OP. keep them on their toes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back