Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC: A New Portable 24/192 USB/iDevice/Android DAC & Amp
May 21, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #182 of 186
  Hi,

I'm contemplating getting a Sony ZX-1 and that plays DSD but converted to PCM on the fly. To get it to play DSD natively, Sony would of course prefer us to buy their DSD-capable DAC/amp, the PHA-2. If the Theorem can also do this, that would be another alternative.

Beware that the PHA-2 has a very weak headphone amp. If you use IEMs then I guess it would be fine but I had a PHA-2 and sent it back because it would not even power my crappy Bose QC 15's. The Theorem is much much better. I don't know if it does DSD though, tried it with foobar and it would not pass it to the theorem. 

Jun 9, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #184 of 186
I'm going to received mine in 2 weeks, alongside a Heir Audio 5.0. Pair up with my iphone 4S, and I guess I'll use an app to use my flac.
Going to use this both during my journey to work (biking), and at work when I can.

I suspect I'll be surprise, it'll be my FIRST experience with both intra and portable stuff (got a PS1000 and fostex HPA8C at home)

Jun 11, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #185 of 186
  I'm going to received mine in 2 weeks, alongside a Heir Audio 5.0. Pair up with my iphone 4S, and I guess I'll use an app to use my flac.
Going to use this both during my journey to work (biking), and at work when I can.

I suspect I'll be surprise, it'll be my FIRST experience with both intra and portable stuff (got a PS1000 and fostex HPA8C at home)

If the app ur planning to use is flac player+ which is free, i founded out that the player makes the music brighter. Maybe it is just mine coz i have never had anybody complain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back